So Long, Summertime by BerryPatch

Started by BerryPatch, September 15, 2021, 08:11:06 PM

BerryPatch

So Long, Summertime
Time:
0:00
Volume:
MimicFest (banner image missing)

An ode to a somewhat crummy summer weather wise. More of a jangle to this one, I tried to do a song in the style of Mac Demarco for mimicfest. On this one I also edited the garageband drums. Pitching them down and adding some tape saturation using free plugins, which gives them a bit of a different sound. Enjoy...

Epihone Viola Bass
Squier Jazzmaster
GarageBand drums
Fender Blues Junior Amp with Boss chorus
Shure SM58

Accidentally deleted the lyrics off my phone. Oops....

guitarron

Nice tune love you guitar ton and harmonies. The tuned down drums have a sort of a lo fi tone. Really nice. The mp3 glitched on me. Might be my iPad
Good bye summer. Always  a meloncholy feeling.

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Ferryman

Blimey, this is good stuff! I don't know Mac DeMarco but I really liked the laid back style here. Some great chord changes to really lift this above being a simple song yet it still has a great infectious feel. Loving what you did with the drums, that worked really well. Great guitar sound and love the solo work. The vocals and harmonies are amazing and beautifully handled in the mix. The harmonies are brilliantly placed and at one point I got a high "ooh" in my right ear that made it feel like you were standing right next to me.

It's superb Keith, well done.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

StephenM

superb...
    SPECIAL
         spectacular
               STUPENDOUS

This is excellent !  to the max...
you sing so well and have a great voice for pop music, that 70's or early 80's ...it is so pro...and the happiness in the voice is great...plus your playing is fantastic..

hard to beat a good old Shure SM-58.....  I would still use one anyday, especially since you can still get them for a bout a 100 bucks, which is what they cost in 1986...listened to this 3 times in a row and download...

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

hooper

Wow, sounds great!  Great singing, some really nice-sounding guitar work in there and obviously lots of care taken with the production. Feels like being in one of the Grand Strand clubs in the Carolinas. A mighty good song and well done!
recorder
Tascam DP-24
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Boss Micro BR
'If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?' - TSE

Farrell Jackson

Very nicely done here! I like the breeziness of the sound. Excellent vocals, guitar and the production/mix are top notch!
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Zoltan

This is a fantastic song and a performance! You've put a lot of attention into the small details and it really shows. The chord progression is both progressive sounding and catchy! The pitched down drums work great. The vocals are superb! The song has a cool 70s vibe to it. This is going to my heavy rotation list :) Those backing vocals are a killer!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

Mike_S

Everybody has pretty much nailed everything in the comments. This is such a wonderful tune, great feel, it does have that classic pop of times gone by but like a lot of those great tunes it sounds timeless too. Great recording and thanks for the tip on the drums, I might investigate.

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand

cuthbert

Getting to this one a bit late... I'm not familiar with Mac DeMarco, but your song certainly brings lots of guitar chime, excellent vocals and harmonies, and some Seventies soft-rock sound (which I find I like more and more, recently).

Excellent song, Keith - I loved it!
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase