boss br 900

Started by lordmick, September 14, 2021, 12:22:21 AM

Hi there just came across your site and thanks for letting me join
I have a boss BR 900 and a complete novice with it, I have a boss drum machine and recording just saved but on the boss 900 you can continually record over and over again on same track 1,2,3,4,and so on. So my question is after recording a song,beat, guitar ext, do I have to save it and them record another track so I have 2 track ready for mixing by the bounce mode.

looking forward to any reply. 

64Guitars

Welcome to Songcrafters.

The BR-900 saves the current state whenever you switch screens, so you can basically think of it as automatic since you'll normally be changing screens immediately after recording a track anyway. However, if you want to manually save the current state, you can do so by holding down the [STOP] button while you press the [REC] button. See page 79 of the manual.

After you've recorded a track, you can then switch to another track to record another part of your song (another instrument, for example). You can continue doing this for up to 64 tracks. However, you can only listen to 8 tracks at a time. So, if you're recording more than 8 tracks, you'll need to make intermediate mixes for monitoring while you continue to record more tracks. For example, if you bounce your first 8 tracks (all on v-track 1, presumably) to track 7/8v8, then you can listen to that mix on Tr78v8 while recording more tracks on v-track 2 (for example) of tracks 1 through 6.

For more on v-tracks and bouncing, see this page:

https://songcrafters.org/64guitars/BR/Tutorials/V-Tracks_and_Bouncing.html

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track