"All Be Told" a Hook original

Started by Hook, September 11, 2021, 12:02:28 PM

Hook

All Be Told
Time:
0:00
Volume:
I've been buying alot of used cds & records recently & re-connecting with some music from different stages of my life and it inspired these lyrics. Drums are garageband, Kala Tenor Archtop uke, Ibanez A/E bass. Oh and the harmonics are my uke...
1 distorted uke (stereo)
1 clean uke
1 drums (stereo)
1 bass
1 uke solo(stereo)
1 lead vocal
1 background vocal
3 bridge vocals
All Be Told
written & performed by Hook
Robert recently reminded me
of all the ships in my sea
The  friendships, the relationships, the hardships
It's time for me to take ownership
Time to steer my own ship

It makes me try to pin point when
I 1st began to write it all down
When my pen finally found this paper
strong enough to hold
& let my stories
All be told

Surprisingly it's head did rear
Disappear Fear now in my ear
It takes me back so many years

Was it REM, I used to listen to alot of them
Was it Morrissey, I always liked it when he'd sing off key
But only when it was Johnny Marr on guitar
Was it U2, I could go back farther
To Motley Crue, a 13 year olds memories of a concert
I never should have been allowed to go to

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Zoltan

That's some talent! Let me reiterate... That's some talent! :) You're doing so much with such a simple setup. Hearing these songs of yours almost make me want to buy uke, but i'm not going to do so (or i'll end up on my wifes hitlist and i'm not talking about songs ;)).

Such a cool song and i especially liked the lyrics. Would have been great to see Mötley Crüe in their heyday! Now i'll gladly pass on them :)
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

StephenM

first off...this Rocks!  Rocks hard too...
those lyrics are off the charts...the guitar sound I love to the moon and back..
isn't it fun to take a look at all the music that has been part of your life (indeed mine as well)...
the Motley Crue thing was funny as well...and the little shouts/squeals or whatever they are called...neat o

this is really good Hook...

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

guitarron

Quote from: Zoltan on September 11, 2021, 12:55:45 PMThat's some talent! Let me reiterate... That's some talent! :) You're doing so much with such a simple setup. Hearing these songs of yours almost make me want to buy uke, but i'm not going to do so (or i'll end up on my wifes hitlist and i'm not talking about songs ;)).

Such a cool song and i especially liked the lyrics. Would have been great to see Mötley Crüe in their heyday! Now i'll gladly pass on them :)
I had to a double take to check the list of instruments.
Wow dude. You get a ton of mileage out of that uke!!
Awesome tune. Rocks hard. 

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Farrell Jackson

You've really rocked this up proper with your Uke...wow! Great lyric, vocals and vocal production!
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Groundy

You are certainly on the ball hook, one amazing musician. Love this..
Rock my friend... Alex

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs

thetworegs

Rock on Hook I'm doing the same thing can't get enough old music and enjoying the reminiscing must be a mid life mind you I'm way past the mid it must be just a life crisis  ;D

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

TPB

If you had told me years ago that a Uke could rock I would have chuckled after joining this site and hearing all the amazing stuff you do with the Uke I am a believer.  Even with that said this has really brought it up several notches well done brother Rock on
Tim
Life is not about the number of Breathes you take, it is the amount of times your breathe is taken away

BerryPatch

The uke sounds crazy good with distortion on it. Why didn't more heavy bands pick one up  :D

Brilliant little song too, great to read along to and that chorus really hits the heights. Love the leads here, anthemic to the core. Great stuff

Greeny

Loved the chords straight from the off. Gave me 'What's the Frequency Kenneth' vibe. Happy, bouncy and soaring. Another towering - and brave - vocal performance. Incredible that it's done on ukes. That chorus is absolutely epic - so damn good. Rock on!