"Dust Motes" w/Lurker

Started by Blooby, September 08, 2021, 03:26:26 PM

Blooby

Dust Motes 4 (160) - Lurker & Blooby
Time:
0:00
Volume:

I titled this in Studio One before John came over, and he shoe-horned it into the lyrics. 

Blooby

Dust Motes

I wish you hadn't touched me
Wish I'd never turned my head
And never fallen into those eyes
And heard the words you said

I wish I'd stayed in my place
Not followed you just then
Before I was alone but free
Now I'm wanting you again

I lay here watching dust motes
Playing in the light
Wanting just to drift away
Before I lose my mind

You led me into places
I'd a turned from before
Pushed me beyond comfort
Left me wanting more

Every word you said rang true
Especially the lies
I believed though I could
See it in your eyes

Playing in the light
Before I lose my mind

Day after day and night after night
You're all I can see when I close my eyes
Forgetting you would be a mercy to me
I'm under your spell and can't break free

Now I've had other lovers
They've come and gone like time
You were both the best and worst
I hate you and wish you were mine

Playing in the light
Before I lose my mind

Playing in the light
Before I lose my mind

guitarron

I like the slinky sultry mood the drums and tremelo guitar create. Sounds finished to me. Bloody you're a fine guitarist. Love the bluesy funky leads.
" every word you said rang true Especially the lies". F'n awesome. My iPad cut off the end of the tune. I'll have to give this a proper listen in my studio

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Groundy

Sounds finished to me also, you always get such a great sound, love the guitar and Johns vox is on the money as always.... Alex

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs

Ferryman

My first thought was "needs more bass", but then you kind of save that up for the second part of the song so I think you handled the dynamics pretty well and bring the bass out more later in the track. The drums are simply amazing, I love the sound and stereo spread, it's completely awesome. They really create a "swampy" feel and I think they are spot on, no work needed there. Very atmospheric. The guitar work is similarly awesome, the tremolo is beautifully handled and adds to that "swampy" feel and the way you play is at times jaw dropping. John's vocals and lyrics fit beautifully and overall this sounds and feels really good as it is. Brilliant stuff you two.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Greeny

All slinky and sultry like a snake in a swamp that suddenly rears up angrily on the choruses. Love the percussion and how it turns into a four-on -the-floor middle 8 stomp. I'm a sucker for tremolo guitar and this one is massive. So much flavour and mood. And how you switch between restraint and letting it off the leash occasionally. Really bluesy - I can hear a little bit of Smokestack Lightning. And lots of Tony Joe White. The vocals are dramatic, dynamic and perfect. It's a thing of beauty. There is nothing else you should be doing to this.

Farrell Jackson

I think the drums are excellent as is and need nothing else done to them. Man I'm getting flashbacks of John Fogerty with your overdriven tremolo guitar sound...cool stuff! Real good guitar solos. Jon's vocal is right on the money and I like his lyric. You handled the dynamics of the song great with the way you have it pulling back and then moving up at the right spots...nice mix!
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Geir

I'm soaking this one up.

First of all, you are one of my favorite guitarist here with your relaxed and playful handling of the 6-string.  Secondly I listen closely to what you are able to do as a "power trio" as I'm now waiting at my cabin in the mountains for optimission's bass player to arrive. We'll have a rehearsal weekend and I need all the inspiration I can get for my guitar parts.

I love the arrangements of this song as well.

And John, WOW. Great lyrics and as usual a stellar vocal performance.

I'm a fan!!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Zoltan

Swamp snakes and regrets from the nine day binge! This sounds like that and more. The vocals and the guitar playing form a perfect union. The drum track has a repetitive almost tribal feel to it. The song title is a real winner too.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

DarrenG / The Devil's Toupee

This is really cool. I like the tempo and the style, kind of blues, jazz, rock. Reminds me at times of 'the doors' . love the guitars and vocals.
Got a vibe straight from the late 60's.
I have 2 profiles on this site, (NOW COMBINED INTO ONE PROFILE PAGE)
 One is a musical partnership with Keith Allen, ( we record songs as "The Devil's Toupee").
The 2nd one is for my other musical projects and collaborations. (DarrenG)
Thanks for listening.

StephenM

I heard this in the car...didn't do it justice...listening on the JBL monitors now...and wow...this sounds awesome...the recording of the drums, panned all over...the music reminds me of Creedence meets Roxy Music...
fantastic singing as well...
this is one hell of a track...love it to smithereens...

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner