Leave Your Lights On-Take 2

Started by BAG, June 07, 2009, 05:47:56 AM

BAG

Leave Your Lights On-3-June 09
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Here's Kayla's take 2 on this. This time she played with the effect active so she had to adjust volume manually on the guitar.

I think it is a bit of an improvement on the last. She holds the notes longer and in general plays a bit smoother.

As an aside i've just bought a Zoom GFX-3 multi effects unit off Ebay for a bargain. It's partially for me but mainly for when she plays live. I figure if you're gonna play a lead solo for something like this song you might as well have the right sound. I'll stick to the acoustic stuff and leave the howling lead stuff to her.

See what you think.
Just a roadie again.....

Facemask93

I just love this post , seriously mate your vox have a certain quality about them , kayla is just getting better all the time----hats off to you both---excellent

Facemask93

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

"All along the ancient wastes the thin reflections spin,
that gather all the times and tides at once we love within."
 - Roy Harper

The Reverend 48

Way to go Kayla! Bag I don't know how you set your rig up but the guitar effects on the BR take some beating (they are Boss after all!)
Big Strum and or Smooth lead would be perfect for Kayla's kickin lead.......

BAG

Quote from: 48 on June 07, 2009, 06:56:14 AMWay to go Kayla! Bag I don't know how you set your rig up but the guitar effects on the BR take some beating (they are Boss after all!)
Big Strum and or Smooth lead would be perfect for Kayla's kickin lead.......
You obviously know your sounds 48.......that is the "Smooth" effect for the lead. I figured that was appropriate for a Santana song.

We decided to get the pedal effects mainly for the live stuff as it just adds another dimension to her playing so she can easily switch from rhythm to lead with a kick of a foot pedal. The only problem now is how she'll be able to reach it. It's either put her on a small chair and she won't be seen or build a box so she can reach it from the tall stool......'cause her legs aren't long enough to reach the floor :D
Just a roadie again.....

Geir

Great work Kayla!!! BAG you have one two talented daughters (not for getting Maddy) But Kayla really shows her talent growing for each new post!!

Also great vox on this one!!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

OsCKilO

I wish My Kid would hurry up and play guitar for me so my Arthritis can set in and I don't have to play "labamba" to him on request all the time.... And he plays it himself!

This is Great playing!

Does this song not give her nightmares though....?
Even the angel sounds scary...!

Great Post Bag man

Love the Vox

Peace

T(Osckilo)
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Wiley

She is just to cool of a kid.  Wish I had 1/2 her talent.

BAG

Quote from: oldrottenhead on June 07, 2009, 06:05:15 PMfmgwabp is that geir singing?
What does fmgwabp stand for??? I think i have an idea but please spell it out.
(Don't worry....i just saw the explanation on one of the Neilfest posts :D)

Oh...and thanks for the compliment on the singing. :D

Not that many people really give a damn about my efforts (i feel the same way ;D) it's all about Kayla. Thanks (on her behalf) for all the kind comments.
Just a roadie again.....

Ferryman

Great stuff. I'm already outplayed by the 13 year old guitarist in my son's band, looks like Kayla will be next! She is really impressive - nice bends going on there.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR