"As It Is"-Original

Started by Johnbee, September 07, 2021, 08:34:42 AM

Zoltan

Great song! The piano playing is jazzy and cool. The bassline has a fusion jazz vibe to it. The lyrics and vocals are a perfect blend. I like the harmony you're building and the synth string stuff etc. that's used to pepper the sound picture. I like the way you're hearing things even though my simple brain could never reach these levels :) The pizzicato string part is one of the many highlights of this song and i like the latin influenced playout section that follows. There's a late 70's early 80's vibe to the songwriting and it's cool to hear stuff like this being done.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

Johnbee

Hi Groundy, Steve, guitarron, Greeny,Geir, Blooby, Darren, Berry,Ferryman & Zoltan-

Thanks so much to all for listening.  Glad you all like it.

:) John B

By and large, jazz has always been like the kind of a man you wouldn't want your daughter to associate with.

-Duke Ellington

OK to cover but please let me know first.  Thanks!

StephenM

Quote from: guitarron on September 07, 2021, 02:45:53 PMIt's soothes the  soul. That's why I do it. Frustrating at times. But a finished product always feels good. Also, I can't bowl for shit.
This jazzy number is right up my alley. The drums really accentuate your soulful sounding piano and vocals.
Nice work.

this one cracked me up Ron...ha!!!

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

StephenM

I wanted to hear this a few times prior to commenting on it...typically great song John...most of your songs seem to be introspective and personal...that is not easy to share that openly like that....I suppose though this is a better way to do it than some other ways I can think of. 
I wonder sometimes what is my legacy....well I suppose it will be "Peanut Butter on Pizza"....at least it's original...lol...
there's giants in the world (not physical ones but ones who do great things) and then there's me...I drive a Hyundai Accent 2006 with 250k miles on it...I love it too...

why am I saying all this?  hell if I know...that is just how I am...

as with all your songs John... I will place this on my thumbdrive and as I drive around I listen to the SC folder...and so somewhere on the planet there is some one listening to you...and I hope that is true for me as well....and for me that's ok! 
blessings sir!

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Mike_S

Quote from: StephenM on September 10, 2021, 08:49:10 AMI wanted to hear this a few times prior to commenting on it...typically great song John...most of your songs seem to be introspective and personal...that is not easy to share that openly like that....I suppose though this is a better way to do it than some other ways I can think of. 
I wonder sometimes what is my legacy....well I suppose it will be "Peanut Butter on Pizza"....at least it's original...lol...
there's giants in the world (not physical ones but ones who do great things) and then there's me...I drive a Hyundai Accent 2006 with 250k miles on it...I love it too...

why am I saying all this?  hell if I know...that is just how I am...

as with all your songs John... I will place this on my thumbdrive and as I drive around I listen to the SC folder...and so somewhere on the planet there is some one listening to you...and I hope that is true for me as well....and for me that's ok! 
blessings sir!

I love this reply by Stephen... this is the great thing about SC. First to say there are some, many actually, songs on this site that warrant a much wider audience. That is a bit sad to be honest, but thinking about what Stephen said, there are folk on here that will listen to songs on here that they like and have downloaded in their spare time and listen because they are damn good songs.

But I know what to expect when you post a song John, in terms of quality anyway. This is classy, great chords, musicianship and arrangement and I do particularly like the soft synths and strings you have added in the background which lift the song up a level.

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand

guitarron

Quote from: StephenM on September 10, 2021, 08:49:10 AMI wonder sometimes what is my legacy....well I suppose it will be "Peanut Butter on Pizza"....

Peanut butter pizza will be next pineapple pizza

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Pete C

Lost for words ! It's a fascinating work, just as I was amazed at one part, then another even better part comes in holding the attention right through to the end. This just oozes with musical talent !
recorder
Boss BR-600

recorder
Boss BR-800

tonyc

another great song john , superb lyrics and vocal , and wow love the keys , brill .....cheers tony cee
recorder
Zoom HD16

Johnbee

Hi Tony C, Pete, guitarron (again), StevenM and Mike S-
Thanks for listening, guys.

:) John B

By and large, jazz has always been like the kind of a man you wouldn't want your daughter to associate with.

-Duke Ellington

OK to cover but please let me know first.  Thanks!

chapperz66

Wow - this is a monster of a song, John.  Absolutely love this. Full of drama, twists and ambition.