"Around We Go" w/Lurker

Started by Blooby, August 31, 2021, 04:42:18 PM

Ferryman

Really like this slight change of direction. A dreamy, atmospheric soundscape, that echoey/reverby guitar is lovely and you use the effect very well to fill out the sound rather than overwhelm it. Or maybe it's synths....? It works very well and John's vocals fit beautifully with this. Although he sounds a bit like Jon Anderson, the lyrics make far too much sense compared to Anderson's meanderings..... ;D

Very nice work indeed, a lovely listen.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Blooby

Quote from: guitarron on September 01, 2021, 07:42:35 AMNice shimmering guitar- is that outboard gear to achieve this sound? 

Quote from: chapperz66 on September 01, 2021, 07:56:32 AMIs that the old Valhalla verb? 

I am pretty sure this was tracked with the Ocean Machine, a Mooer/Devin Townshend collaboration with two delays and a reverb in one box. That swelling shimmer over the top and especially in the bridge was Valhalla DSP's Supermassive free plugin. That thing is crazy interesting.

Thanks for listening.

Blooby

Mike_S

Shit this is good... I am enjoying chilling listening to what has so far been an incredible selection of tunes on SC. This is another brilliant original tune. I can see the Jon Anderson thing but only shades of. To me this is more King Crimson vibes with a gentle sprinkling of Jon Anderson. This is awesome, original and out there... totally love it.

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand

DarrenG / The Devil's Toupee

I love that spacey delayed guitar sound. I really like the lyrics. Great music and you have great vocals. Excellent song and collaboration.
I have 2 profiles on this site, (NOW COMBINED INTO ONE PROFILE PAGE)
 One is a musical partnership with Keith Allen, ( we record songs as "The Devil's Toupee").
The 2nd one is for my other musical projects and collaborations. (DarrenG)
Thanks for listening.