"Around We Go" w/Lurker

Started by Blooby, August 31, 2021, 04:42:18 PM

Blooby

Around We Go 2021-07-07 C (192)
Time:
0:00
Volume:

This offering would be the opposite of dry. You can swim around in there I reckon.

John is going a bit Jon Anderson. I don't know what the hell he is talking about, but I like it a lot. More worrisome is that I am identifying with it...in and around the lake...

Blooby

Around We Go

Looking out
At the dark of night
The window shows
Reflected light
Regarding me
A face I've known
Tried through time
Fractured flesh and bone

Water flows
Gardens grow
Seasons pass
Around we go

Eyes display
A depth of mind
And innocence
Long left behind
They know my pain
They know my flaws
They know my past
Creeps and gnaws

Why am I staring
Back at myself
Spiraling deeper
Into my shell

Dawn rises
Shows me a day
Beyond the mind
Behind the face
I step outside
Embrace the world
Ride the time
As it uncurls

Nelson

The bass and delayed guitar(?  i think), lends to the cool vibe.
Yeah I'm also digging the wandering synth.
The lyrics are wonderfully visual and poetic.
The song has a Doors flavor to it and the vocals are strong and holds your attention from start to finish and indeed reminds me of Jim Morrison.
Excellent collab gents
recorder
Reaper

recorder
Boss BR-600

Groundy

I enjoyed this, top class playing and a great vocal by John, as always.
Great job Guys.... Alex

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs

Greeny

Incredible depth and atmosphere. Absolutely love that delayed guitar underpinning the dramatic vocal and introspective lyric. Sheer quality and immaculately performed.

Hook

Also getting the Doors meet moO vibe you got going here.  Dreamy and floaty, obviously important but I'm too chill to care. Dig it down to the mantle.
Rock on!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

guitarron

Nice shimmering guitar- is that outboard gear to achieve this sound?  Very chill. Nice collab

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

chapperz66

Superb spacey stuff here.  Is that the old Valhalla verb?  The usual great guitar and vocals from you chaps.  I'm particularly keen on the panned Synth(?) lines near the end.

StephenM

breath taking sound scape...that has tons of breathing room for the vocalist to work...this has so many cool elements...the panning space vibe keys in the background really makes this extra special...
it's funny because in almost all your stuff I can hear the southern influence (though it's mostly hidden well)...(I love southern rock btw)...but this song is a bit different for you ??? or is it?///
I don't know except that I downloaded it in the first 10 seconds...

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Farrell Jackson

Alright, I dig the depth of the canyons and the deep pools of guitars floating through the air of music....great atmosphere here! Excellent lyric, vocal and the synth set back in the mix works well. Nice work guys!
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

BerryPatch

Great as always. Lurkers voice voice is so smooth and the tones and general recording is pure class. I can see the Jon Anderson part in the lyrics, top notch atmospheric track.