I Apologize

Started by Zoltan, August 30, 2021, 01:21:13 PM

Zoltan

I Apologize
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Here's a super fast one! I got inspired by the coming Mimic fest. This was my take on the Motown and Curtis Mayfield -style. I never thought this would turn into a song and because of that the tracks are super rough. I improvised the guitar + bassline and after hearing the bassline (my take on James Jamerson goes Flea :D) i didn't feel like learning it... Somehow it all works in a very chaos like manner.

I Apologize

There's a ghost in my house
It looks like a tampon
It tried to lunge me in the shower
Now i sleep with the lights on

CH:
Ain't no mountain high
Or river that far and wide
Gonna drive me out of my mancave mansion
I apologize

This old heart of mine is weak
I'm never gonna make out again
My girlfriends girlfriend told me
There's some heavy rain ahead

CH
Ain't no mountain high
I apologize

Feeling tired and heavy
I call my boss again
He said i never have to worry
Or work with him again

My woman works from 9 to 5
She makes a bundle of joy
With a very little money
She'll survive

CH
Ain't no mountain high
I apologize
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

StephenM

this is so good...so good....wow...it's like a different Hendrix sang some of those old themes.... like "Ain't No Mountain High Enough" etc....
the music is good and so are the vocals...could be a touch louder but it ain't bad as is......
infectious...in a good way... crazy ending though...felt like I just almost got there but...............

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Hilary

You've got your own groove going on which is great!
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

guitarron

I dig this. Love Motown. The bass is stellar. Great tune.

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Ray Brookes

What a great cool track! Love that driving beat and love the lyrics. Some excellent riffs going on here with the guitar & bass and nicely produced, Zoltan.
Ray Brookes

Greeny

What a lovely Stax soul groove this has. Snappy and infectious. Can't beat a bit of 'four on the floor' rhythm. I like the soul song title references in the lyric too. Was really into it when the abrupt ending arrived. A really great listen.

Ferryman

Wow, supercool groove here, I love the way those funky guitar parts combine and they sound soooo funky. Really well recorded, love the bass as well and really wacky lyrics. Brilliant and slightly off the wall.

Now I'm off to my mancave........ ;)

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Hook

Dude, this so much fun, something my music seems to lack completely.  Put such a smile on my face until the stop...could have gone on forever.
Rock on!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

maxit

Wow, really cool soul track, very 'Mayfield' in the groove, with a little psichedelic rock spin. Rough tracks? Super-fine, to me! 
recorder
Audacity

Bluesberry

Yes sir....this is super fine.......like a smooth creamy cup of coffee......sip it, don't guzzle.......sip.....love everything about this beautiful slice of cake

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand