Poor Poor Me

Started by thetworegs, August 27, 2021, 08:12:26 AM

thetworegs

Poor Poor Me
Time:
0:00
Volume:
When you think to yourself Poor me well theres always someone else worse off......Thanks For Listening
Yesterday was another day that didn't quite seem to go my way

Poor poor me
Poor poor me

It all started to go wrong when I saw all those brown letters in front of the letterbox spread all over the floor
I knew then that it wasn't gonna be real good to me
Yesterday
I hadn't had my breakfast so I went into the kitchen to switch the kettle on and the power was off
I went to the fuse box thats when I realised the electric company had turned  it off
Thats when I noticed the hand written note on the kitchen side addressed to me

Poor poor me
Poor poor me

The day just seemed like any other day I ate my breakfast drank my coffee and caught the train
Got to work on time, turned on the computer and heard that old  familiar chime
I was last in and couldn't understand all the chatter and glum faces looking reading something on the notice board
I went over and joined in and couldn't believe what those printed letters were saying to me
It may have well said
Your life is over as you know it to be

Poor poor me
Poor poor me

I stood in disbelief as the hooded man in front me with a knife demanded my wallet watch and phone
It was like I was in a daydream watching some kind of crime drama on my settee at home
The blow to my temple brought me back sharply to reality and  I gave him my wallet and my phone
For some reason the strap on my watch didn't want to open and this made the man in the hood angrier still I felt a sharp pain to the chest  I fell to  the floor watching his shoes walk away from me

Poor poor me
Poor poor me

I was suddenly shook out of bed face down on the floor into at least a foot of water
The noise was incredible the bedroom wall was no longer there just the dark cold air of night and rubble everywhere
I lived on the fifth floor which was now the ground floor a giant slab of concrete above my head was holding up the rest of the building and stopping it from crushing me
I could move but I couldn't get out
the water was coming from a broken pipe gushing water slowly rising
It was then I remembered my daughter asleep in the other room

Poor poor me
Poor poor me

A man stood by the bridge trying to talk a poor soul down and stop him from jumping
two racist thugs had poured petrol through a letter box and set light to it and ran off laughing
The flames quickly took hold, smoke filled the stairwell 5 people lived in the house
2 small children a baby and their mother and father.
The father had managed to make it out onto the roof of the porch
The aim was for his wife to pass him their children but she was over taken by the smoke and heat and collapsed
The fire was too fierce for him to re-enter the house

Poor poor me
Poor poor me

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

chapperz66

Blimey - that is a bad day!  The imagery going on here is soooo bleak but certainly makes me think twice about bemoaning my lot.

That xylophone is relentless and hypnotic.

Paul

Nelson

Love the sentiment in the clever verses.
The music seems to be in contrast with the lyrics in weight but it all feels oh so perfectly complimentary.
Sneakily brilliant arrangement and performance.

Hat's off 2 U
recorder
Reaper

recorder
Boss BR-600

StephenM

Catchy.  Mesmerizing.   Theatrical.  Interesting.   Pulsating.  Pounding. 

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Groundy

What Stephen Said....
Nice one Trev... Alex

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs

Jean Pierre

Heavy, heavy, bewitching (the musical motif fits perfectly to what looks like a nightmare)...next time Trev will be able to tell us a delirious dream rather euphoric? ;)

in any case excellent, as usual Trev

Here! it would be a good theme for a festival nightmare song  versus euphoric delirious song (in fact,  in French I did not find a satisfactory anthonym for nightmare? )
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
The Lord of the Rings speech by Bilbo

Zoltan

Quirky and dreamlike sounding. The lyrics get heavier by the second.... At first it feels like a Bukowski poem come to sound, but it gets deeper...
Good stuff! :)
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper