Easy Little Thing by BerryPatch

Started by BerryPatch, August 22, 2021, 12:22:15 PM

BerryPatch

Easy Little Thing
Time:
0:00
Volume:
This song I completed almost a year to the day (August 27th, 2020 it says). I put it up on Bandcamp but not here yet. This ones one of the first times I recorded from the amp and mic'd the acoustics with instead of direct input which got a better sound. I also didn't compress the GB drums as much as I used to on here. A bit of oldie but enjoy...

Godin Acoustic
Korg Digital Piano
Fender Jazz Bass
Gibson Les Paul
Shure SM 58
Garageband Drums and Organ
Mixed on a Boss BR1200

Ray Brookes

Great song and a great arrangement. I like the placement of the instruments that presents the reality of a real live band playing. The vocal work is excellent - so good in fact that I'd be tempted to crank them up a little in the mix. Musicianship is first class as is the originality of the song.
Ray Brookes

Mike_S

Brilliant, gives me a bit of a Supertramp vibe and let me tell you I love Supertramp. Great tune, there is one great chord in there that takes you by surprise - in a very cool way. Now that Ray has mentioned it, I think it could be true - those vocals are great and in'ts a great vocal melody, maybe a fraction higher in the mix could work. A cracking intro as well.

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand

StephenM

oooh....oooooh...wondering where you've been lately...then wham...what is this?  my gosh it's just great...it's a lost track from various 70/80's supergroups...man alive this is incredible...hints a touch at Supertramps goodness but then it seems a bit more like Todd Rundgren..and man is that special...and that lead guitar is just so shined!  and polished!  and well played! (I know this is not grammatically correct)
then the organ comes in...and where are we going here?  geesh man this is like 3 songs in one...I think I'll get lost in this one....a bunch...
and the bass is wonderful and the piano...
oh, if you do change the mix...please place the original back in the thread as well...I think it's great as is but I can see why some would like a touch more vox....

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Farrell Jackson

Like Stephen, I hear a bit of Todd Rundgren and Utopia influence.....really nice musical work here and the vocals rock!
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

guitarron

I enjoyed listening to this. Upbeat and well produced. I hear strains of Rundgren in there too.  Good work

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

DarrenG / The Devil's Toupee

This is a great song, grabbed a download. The performance and production is so pro sounding. It does have a supertramp /Eagles/  Beach boys sound to it. Brilliant vocals and lyrics.
Darren
I have 2 profiles on this site, (NOW COMBINED INTO ONE PROFILE PAGE)
 One is a musical partnership with Keith Allen, ( we record songs as "The Devil's Toupee").
The 2nd one is for my other musical projects and collaborations. (DarrenG)
Thanks for listening.

cuthbert

Brilliant song, Keith - everything sounds fantastic to my ears. You are one talented fellow!
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Bluesberry

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Groundy

Top class song, great arrangement, your playing and vox are top class...

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs