"Always You" a Hook original

Started by Hook, August 18, 2021, 05:26:24 AM

Hook

Always You
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Long story short...hopefully
So I have been the little guy from Charlie Brown, with the rain cloud over only his head, for the last 5 or 6 weeks. Next to nothing good has happened and I have gone from debt free(- mortgage) to $13,000 and counting in debt. Mostly car shit, driving ubereats through covid has destroyed my 2017 Hundia Accent ...and my wifes 2018 Dodge Caravan has taken a beating also. Regardless...took my 18yr old to college (FL Gulf Coast U) on Monday, very emotional also have my 2 younger kids...we split, me w/ the littles and things of course go wrong trying to get into or Beach Resort and we a spend very hot afternoon kinda just baking in the immense Ft. Myers heat which is surprisingly much worse than Tampa...I digress.
Finally in room, 9pm, eaten & kids in pool & at this point I haven't slept in almost 48 hours. I write this song.
5am, a few hours of sleep finally, I sit pool/beach side and record. That of course was plagued by a pool attendant that decided to straighten all the furniture near me...just as I was trying to hit record. Got this take, wish I hadn't done the "oooos" in the 2nd solo but just rolled with it. Not looking for pity, I'm alright, just laying down some context.
1 uke/vocal (stereo)
1 uke solo (stereo)
Always You
written & performed by Hook
I never felt so sure
and so confused
before
I never felt
So safe and scared
Before

Before I knew
Before I saw the truth
There was us
There was you

I've never felt
Such peace and such pain
Before
I've never felt
Such trust and such betrayal
Before

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

kenny mac

Lovely song Hook with what turned out to be a lovely backdrop of sound.
Sounds like a trying time ,life sometimes likes to test our brains and heart out.
Love the uke on this.
Heres to better times .

StephenM

seems as if the darkest hours are always just before the dawn...

our daughter is also off to college...heading to Andrews University in Michigan soon...right now she is in Collegedale, TN studying for the summer...crazy!
hope you get the best outcome for all the car troubles etc...
nice song born out of quiet desperation...surrender is sometimes, often times necessary...because whether we like to believe it or not...we have very little control over things...
I love the effected uke sound...it is lovely and I find it neat that you will record just about anywhere...

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Geir

Stunning !!

That was a real treat my friend.

Excellent recording and an emotional and heartfelt vocal performance !!

I'm a fan !
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Nelson

Oh man I'm loving it and indeed it's all about context and like life, context too is like a box chocolates. 
You're still one of the coolest and most talented cats around.
Your performance feels just as real and authentic as the waves crashing in the back ground.
recorder
Reaper

recorder
Boss BR-600

hardlock

Straight from the heart - very nice!
recorder
Zoom PS-02
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Audacity

My Originals:
www.soundclick.com/kentone

My Collaborations:
www.soundclick.com/kenscollabs

Those things we take for granted - when we're young and immature - will surely return to haunt us when we're old and insecure

Zoltan

This is beautiful. Both as a performance and as a song. Here's to good times!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

Ferryman

Absolutely beautiful. I'm amazed that you got such a great sounding recording from a "live by the pool" session. Straight from the heart, the emotion comes through loud and clear. Bravo.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Mach

I feel your pain Brother. I know when Irma hit us hard the aftermath all seemed confusing. Resilience as the process of adapting well in the face of adversity sometimes brings out our innate characteristics through music. It has done this for you. I can feel the emotion in your voice.

Hang in there Man.

Mach
recorder
Pro Tools
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Hilary

recorder