Vote for the September/October 2021 "Covers" festival

Started by 64Guitars, August 17, 2021, 10:40:30 PM

64Guitars

It's time to vote for our next two festivals which will run from September 1 to October 31. Voting starts now and runs for 11 days. You can change your vote any time until the closing of the poll on Sunday, August 29th. To do so, click "Remove vote" to cancel your previous vote, then vote again.

This poll is for the "Covers" festival. There is a separate poll for the "Originals" festival. Please vote in both polls.

Remember, "Covers" is covers only, and "Originals" is originals preferred but covers welcome unless otherwise stated in the festival's description.

• Elvis Fest - Covers of songs recorded by Elvis Presley.
  • Scottish Fest - Covers of songs recorded by Scottish bands.
  • ZZ Top - Covers of songs by ZZ Top.
  • songcrafters the early years - covers from the first five years of songs by songcrafters.
recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Hook

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

64Guitars

Quote from: Hook on August 20, 2021, 05:06:05 AMWhat was the official 1st year of SC?

Songcrafters was created (as microrecorders.org) on December 15, 2007. Since that's very near the end of the year, we'll say that the first 5 years is anything up till the end of 2012.

The History of Songcrafters

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

dasilvasings

What is the best way to see what songs were done in the first 5 years?
I understand the festival is to cover the originals done in that period, not covers of covers, right?
recorder
Boss Micro BR

64Guitars

Quote from: dasilvasings on August 20, 2021, 11:01:13 AMWhat is the best way to see what songs were done in the first 5 years?
There's currently no way to view just the songs posted in the first 5 years. If this turns out to be the winner of the poll, then I'll create something to show those song posts; perhaps in the form of a jukebox.

QuoteI understand the festival is to cover the originals done in that period, not covers of covers, right?
Correct.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

64Guitars

Voting closed. The winner is:

EarlyYears (banner image missing)

Covers of Original songs posted in the first five years of Songcrafters (up to and including Dec. 31, 2012).

The following jukebox lists all the songs posted in the Original Songs board in the first 5 years. Use it as a reference list to find a song that you want to cover for the fest.

https://songcrafters.org/forum/index.php?action=festival;sa=First5Years

However, it's possible that a few covers or backing track jams were posted in the Original Songs board by mistake. So make sure that the song you choose to cover is actually an original song written by a member of Songcrafters.

Also, be sure to get permission from the songwriter before posting your cover of their song, unless they have the "Okay to Cover" icon in their signature. Most members will be fine with it, but don't make that assumption. If you want to play it safe, you can ask for permission before you start working on it so you don't end up wasting your time. On the other hand, if you want to take a slight gamble, you can go ahead and record your cover and, when it's complete, send the songwriter a courtesy copy of the final mix, asking if it's okay for you to post it.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website