Tunecore

Started by Kody, June 06, 2009, 02:48:21 PM

Kody

I've been seeing ads for this for awhile now, and it looks very tempting.  You start a free account, then you can put your songs or albums on online music stores such as Itunes, Napster, Rhapsody.  $9.99 per song or $19.99 per album....then people can buy the song for $.99...not sure what they charge for album, but their hompage is here.  Some of you guys might want to check it out....Greeny comes to mind 8) If you sell more than 10 downloads, it's all profit!  To be honest, I don't know if works in the UK...Just thought I'd pass it along 8) 
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

SdC

Very important to consider is that they only distribute the music. As you know, the music industry is a legal hornets nest. They don't publish the music. Therefore if you'd want to protect your work from theft and abuse (and even make some money from royalties) you'd still need to get your music published and registered.
Before using a service such as this, I'd advice you to intimate yourself with the legal mumbo jumbo.
Remember: your album could contain the next Jingle Bells!

recorder
Boss BR-600

Kody

Good point I forgot to mention!....I've personally been down that road.....It's not too bad if you want to get serious about selling your music.
recorder
PreSonus Studio One