You Got It (Roy Orbison, 90's grunge version)

Started by Zoltan, August 17, 2021, 12:47:47 PM

Zoltan

You Got It (90's grunge cover)
Time:
0:00
Volume:
I've been pushing the songwriting mode to the side and instead just played. Today i made the "90's grunge version" backing track for the Roy Orbison song You Got it.
It's a really simple one. Drums, bass and two guitar tracks. The left side guitar track (the one with wah) improvises all kinds of throwaway licks while the right side plays things more straight. I played the song for as long as i could remember and built from that :) That's my proven method for jam backing tracks.... So the arrangement isn't the same as in the original.

I'll try to sing it tomorrow when i'm alone for a few hours  :P

(Originally i was trying to make a somekind of a "Northern Soul" drumtrack, but got stuck and beefed it up... and turned it into the one heard here)
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

Ray Brookes

Those guitars sound great, Zoltan and the backer is so removed from the original I'd be tempted to turn this into your own song. You're the same as me - I wait for the house to be empty before I start singing anything.
Ray Brookes

StephenM

those rhythm guitars have a very Rush like quality, especially in the verses...killer sounds...
I would never in a million years guessed this song...but it sounds great...I am going to use this to practice drums to.

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Zoltan

You Got It (90's grunge cover-vocs)
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Yeah, i got bored with this one :) I did record the vocals and now as i was throwing away the files i thought i'd upload my horrid two take performance i did then.

It didn't sound the way i envisioned it so i just let it be. I'm uploading this only because it shows that it kinda is You Got It even though I Didn't Get It! :)
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper