Minor Revelation

Started by Blooby, August 16, 2021, 09:26:26 AM

StephenM

I like listening to the list and guess who each one is...its a bit easier with vocals usually....after about 45 seconds I'm thinking ..."this gotta be Blooby"....you have your own style and guitar "ways"....
Yes, a bit different but fantastic

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

hardlock

Too cool! 8) Remember, loops are people too!

Once the chill wave vibe turns into jam band rockin at 2 min, I was hooked. GREAT Lead! The Live drums fit perfect with it as well.
recorder
Zoom PS-02
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Audacity

My Originals:
www.soundclick.com/kentone

My Collaborations:
www.soundclick.com/kenscollabs

Those things we take for granted - when we're young and immature - will surely return to haunt us when we're old and insecure

bruno

Nothing wrong with loops, they can inspire or be insipid - it all depends on how you use them. Treat them as a tool, and it's the end result that matters.
The end result here is a great, I absolutely loved this track. The sounds wash over you as you trip out More please.
B

recorder
Boss BR-1600

Geir

this sounds great.

for a second I thought you'd found a loop with an old Zappa solo for the guitar, but it is unmistakably Blooby

superb solo
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

StephenM

listening on my monitors now...really has a reggae funk feel...very cool....then that bass and distorted guitar wow...what a cool dimension...it's obvious you put alot of ideas into this and probably quite a bit of time as well...then the drums kicking in...the drums sound fantastic..THIS IS A MASSIVE TRACK

I would say though that you could actually expand this into a Lurker vocal colab as well...I bet you guys could really do something crazy with this...

I am becoming a big fan of all things Blooby

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24

Blooby

Quote from: StephenM on August 19, 2021, 07:47:36 AMit's obvious you put...probably quite a bit of time

I appreciate the sentiment, but the whole shebang probably took an hour. That's why I not-so-sarcastically referred to this as "Cheater's Groove." In Studio One, you can try out and then drag & drop loops directly into tracks. I dragged some over in the same key and then duplicated them and moved them around. I then used the Korg unit on guitar merely because it was within arm's reach.

Believe me when I say that anything positive coming out of this track is more a testament to the incredible ease of this particular DAW. I'm not hip to other DAW's, but I am a super fan of Studio One.

StephenM

Quote from: Blooby on August 19, 2021, 09:48:05 AM
Quote from: StephenM on August 19, 2021, 07:47:36 AMit's obvious you put...probably quite a bit of time

I appreciate the sentiment, but the whole she-bang probably took an hour. That's why I not-so-sarcastically referred to this as "Cheater's Groove." In Studio One, you can try out and then drag & drop loops directly into tracks. I dragged some over in the same key and then duplicated them and moved them around. I then used the Korg unit on guitar merely because it was within arm's reach.

Believe me when I say that anything positive coming out of this track is more a testament to the incredible ease of this particular DAW. I'm not hip to other DAW's, but I am a super fan of Studio One.

well, no judgement from me...maybe I should check that out...probably take me a year to learn to use it?

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24

SE

Excellent groove laid back feel too, I,m a cheater too, my name is John and I've used drum loops
recorder
Boss BR-80

Bluesberry

This is great....love the guitar workout laying on the bed of the loops support......really fun stuff

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Mach

A Groovlicious groove. Man that solo, I dig! Some of those darker, lower volume bits remind me of RHCP's One Hot Minute album.

Mach
recorder
Pro Tools
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Boss Micro BR