Minor Revelation

Started by Blooby, August 16, 2021, 09:26:26 AM

Blooby

Minor Revelation - Blooby (254)
Time:
0:00
Volume:

I recently watched a six part series with producer Mick Ronson, which focused on a different aspect of music production in each episode.  On the surface, I should have been only marginally interested in topics like drum machines or auto-tune, but I thought they were all great.

I should've just called this "Cheater's Groove" because it was constructed with loops (as a response to watching the episode on sampling). Hell, if the administrators took it down, I would support it, but I did end up in a different direction than I would normally go. As a note to the gear heads, the guitars were done direct through a Korg Pandora Mini. There are some cool tones in there.

Peace.

Blooby

Mike_S

Super cool Blooby. Kinda 70's trippiness melded with some really modern sounds. Overall a really cool groove, with some wicked badass bass, tasteful keys and scorching guitar too. Love it.

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand

thetworegs

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

Ferryman

Nothing wrong with using loops, it's what you do with them that counts and you did some great things here. Love the cool vibe to start with and then the second part rips it up with great guitar work. Really enjoyed listening to this, that little box sounds cool.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

DarrenG / The Devil's Toupee

The loops sound good , you've used them really well to construct this great instrumental. And your guitar playing through that Pandora sounds really great, love the funky sound, yeah 70's vibe to it.
I have 2 profiles on this site, (NOW COMBINED INTO ONE PROFILE PAGE)
 One is a musical partnership with Keith Allen, ( we record songs as "The Devil's Toupee").
The 2nd one is for my other musical projects and collaborations. (DarrenG)
Thanks for listening.

guitarron

This is cool.
Using loops are ok. They inspire different musicians different ways to different ends.  The guitars as a result are completely unique and sound great.
We all cheat a little with ez drummers, bass guitar parts from synths and such

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Hook

Very cool, left turn for you brother. I dig. That solo is fierce. I had that pandora in black, really want.one now!
Rock on!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

TPB

Very cool just because you have a loop does not mean it will sound good all in the construction of the layers
Well done I like it
Tim
Life is not about the number of Breathes you take, it is the amount of times your breathe is taken away

Ray Brookes

Really cool groove and I think using loops is fine in the general creative process. Personally I don't use them myself but each to their own. Gotta love that guitar work; virtuosity at its best.
Ray Brookes

Oldrottenhead

braw bro, makes me wanna sing.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann