No Riders (Pleasure Seekers Only)

Started by Zoltan, August 11, 2021, 01:26:47 PM

Zoltan

Time:
0:00
Volume:
I have a somekind of a writer's block going on again. It's only a minor one, and i still have several songs going on at the sametime, but still...
Anyway i thought i'd try to revisit another one of the older song ideas. I'm still stuck with the second verse. The recording shows the main idea, but sounds so out of
tune that i ended up turning this into a mono mix. Somehow it sounds less painful when listened in mono ;)

I was working in a office job
Boring life
Just passed me right on by

I got this t-shirt from a flea market nearby
It had rock'n'roll view with a groovy chick beside it

CH:
No riders pleasure seekers only
No riders
It read on the picture

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

Kenneth

At work, so listening on my phone only, but it sounds very good. I'm not hearing anything resembling out of tune here. Great vocals too.
"...a guitar sound that you could curdle cream with." Ferryman

des0free

Sounds like this has a lot of promise - I say keep working on it!   I love the rhythm guitar and the vocal melody.  I would just keep trying to work on the lyrics and re-record the vocals over and over seeking the perfect take.  Sometimes I go phrase by phrase re-recording the vocal (with auto punch in to the section I'm working on).
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Zoom R24
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Ray Brookes

Nice country-rock song, Zoltan and some cool guitar work. Once you figure out the second verse the song will be complete; I can't hear anything out of tune? The vocals on this track are a marked improvement on other songs I have listened to of yours
Ray Brookes

thetworegs

heres an idea for
 a second verse:

So got myself a gun and out I went out there,on the run
Got myself right in front of the banks door
I pushed it wide open and I walked right in  I said hey I'm here to ready explore
I let out a shot right  in to the ceiling cause I can't take the job I have no more

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

Hilary

recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

StephenM

sounds really good...even in mono and actually for the folks who listen to music on their phones...as in just the phone speaker this is the best format...because that's what they are going to hear anyway...really clean recording

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Farrell Jackson

A great start on this song! It's got an appealing sound and the melody is cool. I hope you keep going with it.

Following Regs 2nd verse, here's a 3rd possible verse idea for you:

(V3) So I washed my shirt and put it on
Then went out for a stroll
A girl walked by and took a look
And yelled thief! That's my shirt you stole

LOL, it might give you some ideas and help with the temporary writers blocked.

Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Blooby

I think this has a great vibe to it. Power through and post it with the mystery verse.

Blooby

WarpCanada

Writers block had me for about a month, finally wrong a song today and posted it. I know that feeling.

The guitar playing and the overall mix is really good.  Not hearing any out of tune issues.
Warren
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Cubase

recorder
Bitwig Studio

British Columbia Canada