Bishmanrock - I've Come to Be Your Friend (Explicit)

Started by Bishmanrock, August 09, 2021, 01:31:34 PM

Bishmanrock

Bishmanrock - I've Come to Be Your Friend
Time:
0:00
Volume:

Dusting off some tracks for a spot of polish to show them off. This is a track that has existed in a few forms prior. It's got a bit of everything, settling mostly as almost doomy prog, but it has sections that lean into similar style of my previous thrash metal and powerviolence bands.

The outro in particular was both a joyous and maddening experience, having to repeat the final chorus as the tempo slowed to the point that it could barely be classed as a tempo - and then layering it over about six times each for both mine and Jess' parts.

Thematically the song leans into the concepts of anxiety, distrust, and paranoia.

Bishmanrock - I've Come to Be Your Friend

Writing/lyrics/vox - Andrew Bishop
Vox - Jessica Blaise Ward
Guitar - Artur Hearhadze

You say you've come to be my friend
It's all I want to hear you say
I hear the wolf pounding at the door
Let's open up and give it warmth

It's slipping
My mind says otherwise
Delaying
Telling me white lies
Removing
Stripping your altar
Destroying
I know you hate me

Do you still consider me your friend?
Hold your hand as you burn away
Do you think that our time is worthwhile?
That we made something of it all

It's my way
My mind says otherwise
You'll fade
Telling me white lies
Cracked plaster
Stripping your altar
I'll fuck you
If I know you'll hate me

Do you consider me your friend?
Hand in hand, no looking back
Yeah, I will see you at the top of the world

Holding your hand as you burn away

Do you think that our time is worthwhile?
That we built something of it all?
Do you think that'll we'll look back so fondly
When our memories are dead to the world?
Liar, whore, and wretched deceit
Throw yourself down as my feet

Do you still consider me your friend?
Will you still smile and hold my hand?
Don't want to say that I need you
Don't want to show that side of me
You say that you've come to be my friend
It's all I want to hear you say, friend

Hand in hand, stop looking back
Hand in hand, stop looking back
Hand in hand, there's no looking back
Yeah, I will throw off the top of the world
Do you consider me your friend or enemy?
Hand in hand, slip into black
Yeah, I will throw off the top of the world
I am the man who burned the lake
Hand in hand, we slip into black
And I will throw you off the top of the world

recorder
Cubase

StephenM

dramatic!  you wonder, what is coming next and then...bam...there it is in your face...excellent!!!

has a bit of psychadelic sinister feel...and love the (I think feminie voice in there too)

there are so many cool twists and turns in this...that is so cool...psychadelic metal....

sure...could ... be....used...for a movie plot as well

killer track

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Farrell Jackson

This has a very theatrical sound....sort of like a dark musical play. I think it's because of all the twists and turns...like moving from one scene to the next. I can hear you've put some time in on this and getting it just right. Excellent vocals and the backing vox are top notch. The outro slow down is cool. Well done!
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Nelly 20

Excellent! .. I agree with StephenM.

there are so many cool twists and turns in this..I like The way you sing and the feminie voice..

YES! could be used for a movie plot. It's remind me of my lyrics" Driving Sally's Ghost Away"

I Love it. :)

Ferryman

Wow, this is quite the prog epic. I love that spooky piano intro, and the way that motif is used throughout the track. The light and shade in the track is very effective and also dramatic, there is certainly a feel of descent into paranoia and madness at the end of the track. You handle the complexity of this very well and the heavy parts are nicely heavy. There's also lots of excellent guitar work in there, and I love the slow down at the end, very effective.

This is doomy, spooky and suitably disconcerting, all things that are right up my street. I enjoyed this a lot, it's a helluva listen!

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

DarrenG / The Devil's Toupee

Yeah really epic and dramatic song. I love the quiet intro before the heavy guitars burst in. I agree it has that musical feel to it.
Really well constructed song, great music and vocals. I love the outro.
I have 2 profiles on this site, (NOW COMBINED INTO ONE PROFILE PAGE)
 One is a musical partnership with Keith Allen, ( we record songs as "The Devil's Toupee").
The 2nd one is for my other musical projects and collaborations. (DarrenG)
Thanks for listening.

Zoltan

Bishmanrock never fails to deliver! Theatrical and dark. Cool guitar playing and great vocals also. It's quite the mind trip the way it builds, and the way you're using those hard panned vocals ("do you consider me your friend" etc. parts). Good stuff!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

des0free

Epic!  It's like a dark, slow, guitar-driven version of early Genesis!   The guitar sounds huge!  And the vocal, supplemented by backing vocal (different person?) is haunting!  Some interesting FX on the vocal track at various stages.  Effective screaming (hard to do!).  Great production too.  Did you do the keyboard parts too, or was that one of your collaborators?
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Zoom R24
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Bishmanrock

Thanks everyone!

My vocals are double tracked pretty much throughout the entire track, but the additional vocals you hear in the choruses and dotted throughout are Jess, although pushed back way in the mix I'm also doing some high harmonies.

Quote from: des0free on August 10, 2021, 04:14:22 PMDid you do the keyboard parts too, or was that one of your collaborators?

I do keyboard parts, but I code them in a sequencer rather than playing them live

recorder
Cubase

Kenneth

Huge! The recording is top quality, pro sound, and I absolutely love Jessica's vocals. Many changes and parts to this, it reaches a height of emotion and pulls it all back in, so well composed. I really like this, your vocals suit the song well.
"...a guitar sound that you could curdle cream with." Ferryman