"Summer Of Pain" a Geir original

Started by Geir, August 09, 2021, 01:58:06 AM

Zoltan

Summer of Pain? :D With a cool song title comes a great rocker! The character filled vocals, chugging guitars + lyrics that keep the listener glued to the song.
*Hits the download button*
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

AndyR

OH YESSS...

Good to hear a new one from sir!

And what a one it is - fabulous piece of pop rock to kick off with. Sounds summery but has the dark side too.

Love it.

I haven't got into any ampsims yet, or virtual instruments (apart from EZDrummer) - I was trying stuff out the other week, but I still prefer using my outboard gear for guitars and keyboards.

recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

Bluesberry

really great song...recorded very well..I love it

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Mike_S

Terrific song, it's great to hear a summer song with this sentiment, it makes the song very "real" for me. It not always a bed of roses the summer. But a really cool song, lovely and grungy and the music itself is really uplifting. Definitely this is gonna be massive when the live band get hold of it. But this version is a belter anyway. Brilliant job  8)

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand

des0free

Quote from: Geir on August 19, 2021, 03:03:50 AMthank you all for the kind comments !!

Quote from: Mach on August 10, 2021, 06:12:57 AM..... but I have never been able to get the Eventide reverbs to work well or keep the modified user presets to save...mine must be corrupt.
Too bad, cause the effect are fab in my opinion. I've made a couple of presets and they work across all the AU3 platforms I use (AUM, Auria, Cubasis)

Quote from: des0free on August 10, 2021, 04:13:39 PMHave you compared the "Nembrini" sims to Amplitude or GTR (the two ones I have)?  I wonder how they compare?
I have had a LOT of amp sim apps (mind you, I use an iPad and have no experience on any computer sims). I started out with amplitude and thought it was good, but not better than the BR80 ampsims. Then I used JamUp pro, AmpKit+ and ToneStack. Best value for money of those where the latter but they all had lots of options and sounded great. I also tried out ToneBridge and Mobile POD.
The big upgrade in tone came with BIAS AMP in combination with BIAS FX. This is great, but lack one important feature on iOS, it doesn't support AUv3.
Long story short, when I started using DAWs and interfaces supporting AUv3 I wanted amps supporting that too. An when Nembrini ported their ams to iOS I was all over them from the start. I first got the Marshall amp and had never had a better emulation before. I then got several others (also most of the FX) and everyone of them sounds just fantastic. I guess if the Vox AC 30 (or Voice DC30 as they call it) had come first I wouldn't have needed all the others ;) :D

So in conclusion: I've compared them to a lot of other ampsims, and for me they are hands down the best I have tried (so far :D). They are very responsive to different pickups and rolling back the volume to get a cleaner sound on an overdriven amp.
But as said. This is MY opinion. Only applicable on iOS. And if you're happy with what you've got: why change ?
There are a lot of YouTube videos that compare differens apps too. Some of them are even helpful ;)

Hey, thanks for all the info!   I have not tried recording on an ipad yet - do you find it to be easier than using a PC (smaller to move around, quicker to use because of touch controls)?  I'd just be a little afraid of busting the screen by dropping a metal connector (or bass guitar?) on it or something  ;D
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Zoom R24
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Groundy

You certainly got your shit together Geir  ;)
This is superb my friend, so much great music to catch up on

Well done pal... Alex

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs

Greeny

Complete magnificence, and a sentiment that I can completely identify with. If there's any positive (I know there's not a lot to go round), a great song came out of that angst and anger. Despite the lyric, it's so f*cking catchy and infectious. Like a feelgood radio hit that would fool people into thinking it was a happy party anthem. How wrong they'd be.

Your guitar work never fails to impress and amaze. This song is the real deal. Brilliant.

des0free

I have now listened to this song about 100 times and for me it just keeps getting better.  I have been listening repeatedly because Geir was nice enough to send me his tracks for me to practice mixing with my home brew software.  The guitar/bass/drums reminds me of Green Day, but the vocals have a lot more grit and edge.  I would definitely love to go to a club to listen to this band live.

I few of my favorite phrases:

"I'd rather have a shitload of ra-a-ain!"
"I feel a knife in my knee-eeee!"
"It should have been the summer of beers"

Edit: another apt comparison would be Nirvana I think

recorder
Reaper
recorder
Zoom R24
recorder
Boss Micro BR

godinqc

Great summer song .. Nice vocals and guitars ..
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

Zoltan

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper