"Summer Of Pain" a Geir original

Started by Geir, August 09, 2021, 01:58:06 AM

Mach

I like the Nembrini stuff. The Rode mic sounds great, but I have never been able to get the Eventide reverbs to work well or keep the modified user presets to save...mine must be corrupt.

Great song and recording Geir.

Mach
recorder
Pro Tools
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Boss Micro BR

des0free

It's a great song to come back from a songwriting break with!

I like how you turned around the standard idea that a summer-themed song should be sweet and rosy and positive, and made it irreverent and "negative" and hard.  You also got a pretty big sound out of limited instrumentation, which is impressive. 

Have you compared the "Nembrini" sims to Amplitude or GTR (the two ones I have)?  I wonder how they compare?
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Zoom R24
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Redler

Wow! Liked this right from the start! Cool punkpop attitude with nice bass tones! Catchy chorus...works really well to me!

Nice to hear you're back with a new original!
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

guitarron

Awesome tune- has a Billy Idol tone to your voice.

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Blooby

Here's to the upcoming fall, brother.

Enjoyed the playing, the singing, and the angst.

Blooby

Nelson

Love the overall energy and the grungy vocals are stellar. 
The musicianship is magnificent, sounds like a full band, kick'n ass on a hot summer night.
recorder
Reaper

recorder
Boss BR-600

Hook

Holy shit brother, this is my anthem this summer.  Brilliant in everyway, total badassery!
Rock on!!!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

kenny mac

Excellent, great to hear you on here again as always.
Nice gritty vocal,fits like a glove with that music.
Bravo.

Geir

thank you all for the kind comments !!

Quote from: Mach on August 10, 2021, 06:12:57 AM..... but I have never been able to get the Eventide reverbs to work well or keep the modified user presets to save...mine must be corrupt.
Too bad, cause the effect are fab in my opinion. I've made a couple of presets and they work across all the AU3 platforms I use (AUM, Auria, Cubasis)

Quote from: des0free on August 10, 2021, 04:13:39 PMHave you compared the "Nembrini" sims to Amplitude or GTR (the two ones I have)?  I wonder how they compare?
I have had a LOT of amp sim apps (mind you, I use an iPad and have no experience on any computer sims). I started out with amplitude and thought it was good, but not better than the BR80 ampsims. Then I used JamUp pro, AmpKit+ and ToneStack. Best value for money of those where the latter but they all had lots of options and sounded great. I also tried out ToneBridge and Mobile POD.
The big upgrade in tone came with BIAS AMP in combination with BIAS FX. This is great, but lack one important feature on iOS, it doesn't support AUv3.
Long story short, when I started using DAWs and interfaces supporting AUv3 I wanted amps supporting that too. An when Nembrini ported their ams to iOS I was all over them from the start. I first got the Marshall amp and had never had a better emulation before. I then got several others (also most of the FX) and everyone of them sounds just fantastic. I guess if the Vox AC 30 (or Voice DC30 as they call it) had come first I wouldn't have needed all the others ;) :D

So in conclusion: I've compared them to a lot of other ampsims, and for me they are hands down the best I have tried (so far :D). They are very responsive to different pickups and rolling back the volume to get a cleaner sound on an overdriven amp.
But as said. This is MY opinion. Only applicable on iOS. And if you're happy with what you've got: why change ?
There are a lot of YouTube videos that compare differens apps too. Some of them are even helpful ;)
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........