"Summer Of Pain" a Geir original

Started by Geir, August 09, 2021, 01:58:06 AM

Geir

Geir - Summer Of Pain
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Summer2021 (banner image missing)

About time I got my shit together and wrote a new song.

This is maybe not your typical summer song, but it's what came out :) loosely based on real life.

When recording it I had our band Optimission in mind, so it's just one  guitar, one bass, drums and one lead and one backing vocal (on the chorus).

MiM Telecaster -> Nembrini Audio - Voice DC30
Ibanez GSR200 bass -> Nembrini Audio -Blackice Beta Gamma
Voice -> Røde NT1A > Auria compressor and delay -> Eventide Blackhole reverb

All connected to my iPad with Behringer UMC404HD and recorded in Auria Pro.
Mastered with "Final Touch"
Drums recorded playing on a midi keyboard and fixing the most obvious mistakes in the midi editor in auria pro.
The guitar track was copied to a new track which was soaked in reverb and panned to the opposite side (wonder where I've heard that before  ::) )

I hope to record it with the band soon, but wanted to get this out for the summer fest.

cheers
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

thetworegs

Loving it a song about a real summer instead of the dreamy sun soaked one it's great to hear a new one from you keep them coming now you've started again it'll be a good one for the band

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

Farrell Jackson

Summer of Pain...love the song title Geir.  Great chords in this and your vocal has lot of character to it (as always). Well done...do some more!
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Ferryman

Love the punky/thrashy vibe here, the combo of raw guitar and really rocky vocals works very well. Love the way the bass drives this along, this should sound great when done by the band. It's a nice punchy recording, sounds like there was a lot of energy behind this. I hope the summer stops being shit for you soon.......

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

DarrenG / The Devil's Toupee

its got a great 80's punk pop feel to it. Love the guitars, nice mixing and panning, bass is really good. love your lyrics :) great vocals too.
I have 2 profiles on this site, (NOW COMBINED INTO ONE PROFILE PAGE)
 One is a musical partnership with Keith Allen, ( we record songs as "The Devil's Toupee").
The 2nd one is for my other musical projects and collaborations. (DarrenG)
Thanks for listening.

Bishmanrock

Loving the punk chug and contrast, the vocal delay on that chorus sounds cracking

recorder
Cubase

Ray Brookes

Great track! Lots of raw energy that just rocks along with attitude. No nonsense guitar chugging and that bass is stellar. Great work; well done.
Ray Brookes

StephenM

I'd find it hard to believe any band or anyone could play this better...sounds bloody fantastic...
some folks love pain...not me though
I like rain though...but I never want summer to end...
love the arrangement...the delivery, the singing... I think you show alot of real passion in this...

edit:  if someone told this was a Billy Idol track I would have no doubt..it's a real belter

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Kenneth

Sounds great! Glad to hear you back and in great form! Voice sounds good Geir. Cool tune!
"...a guitar sound that you could curdle cream with." Ferryman

hardlock

Nice rocker! Total tight energy. It took off with me hearing Bruce Springsteen! Nice and gritty vocal portraying the lyrics perfectly! 8)
recorder
Zoom PS-02
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Audacity

My Originals:
www.soundclick.com/kentone

My Collaborations:
www.soundclick.com/kenscollabs

Those things we take for granted - when we're young and immature - will surely return to haunt us when we're old and insecure