The Guy on TV (original by des0free)

Started by des0free, August 06, 2021, 02:37:34 AM

Ferryman

A lovely gentle pop song that works really well, I particularly liked the harmonies, they are really effective and create a great hook.

Narrowboats are very popular in the UK for holidays as well as living on. I once "cruised the cut" on a narrowboat when I was a young lad with a bunch of mates and we nearly sank the boat!

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Geir

Most uplifting and joyful song.

I really enjoyed this, and will be humming this the rest of the day i think :)
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

DarrenG / The Devil's Toupee

This sounds just great as it is. It's got a nice gentle, relaxing feel to it.The acoustic guitars and keyboards sound really nice. Love your vocals by the way.
I have 2 profiles on this site, (NOW COMBINED INTO ONE PROFILE PAGE)
 One is a musical partnership with Keith Allen, ( we record songs as "The Devil's Toupee").
The 2nd one is for my other musical projects and collaborations. (DarrenG)
Thanks for listening.

Bishmanrock

Great song, haven't seen the show but I can imagine it just based off this track, really easy to go with

The current mix is great, but I'd still be interested to see it ran through your software just as an example to see what the outcome is

recorder
Cubase

des0free

Quote from: StephenM on August 07, 2021, 01:03:18 AMlove the idea... my last one also was inspired by the English...

this is very nice Doug,....really like your singing using the two registers...Steve Miller did that alot.. that little keyboard in the back there is similar to a nice happy diddy by Dire Straits...
I would be interested in hearing this mixed by your auto mix software...

Hey - thanks for the feedback. I have now re-mixed with my custom software and made drum patterns/fills with EZ drummer (original post updated)
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Zoom R24
recorder
Boss Micro BR

des0free

Quote from: Bishmanrock on August 09, 2021, 01:36:34 PMGreat song, haven't seen the show but I can imagine it just based off this track, really easy to go with

The current mix is great, but I'd still be interested to see it ran through your software just as an example to see what the outcome is

Thanks for the kind words.  I updated the original post with a remix using my home made software and EZ drummer with varying patterns and fills here

PS. the cruising the cut guy posts many videos on youtube here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6SNxiLzSlh8e0yjndE9o_A
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Zoom R24
recorder
Boss Micro BR

des0free

Quote from: Geir on August 09, 2021, 04:56:41 AMMost uplifting and joyful song.

I really enjoyed this, and will be humming this the rest of the day i think :)

Hi Geir, thanks for your comment!  It is just three major chords: C - F - G

Check out my remix (updated original post) I made using my own computer code for mixing/mastering, and EZ drummer to put in drum pattern changes/fills.
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Zoom R24
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Kenneth

I didnt get a chance to hear the first mix, but I love how clear the vocals are. You arent hiding in anything, and it sounds great. I really do like it. I agree with the other posts on it being light and summer music. I cant count how many times I wished I was the guy on t.v. ... so in that sense, its not light, is it? Lol
Anyhow, congrats on your creation here, its a great tune, glad I listened.
"...a guitar sound that you could curdle cream with." Ferryman

StephenM

Quote from: Ferryman on August 09, 2021, 03:40:24 AMA lovely gentle pop song that works really well, I particularly liked the harmonies, they are really effective and create a great hook.

Narrowboats are very popular in the UK for holidays as well as living on. I once "cruised the cut" on a narrowboat when I was a young lad with a bunch of mates and we nearly sank the boat!

I like hearing about places I don't know well...and these kinds of stories too...cool that Doug's song brought that out...

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

thetworegs

If Life is a dream then use your imagination