My Girl Is So Fine

Started by Zoltan, August 02, 2021, 03:40:15 PM

Zoltan

My Girl Is So Fine
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Here's another track from the Blueberry hill - sessions (= me recording in the car :)). I was going to throw these tracks away, but then I thought i'd try to pull them together with a proper drum track. Everything else is 100% Micro Br 80. All of the tracks were first takes, and are there with warts and all. The vocal performance was also something I just made up on the spot. Hence the barely formed melody and mumbo jumbo lyrics which at times are only sounds...
It's a freak out jam!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

Ray Brookes

Zoltan this is a good song but it deserves a better vocal track. All the guitars, drumming etc. sound great but the whole thing is let down with the under-produced vocal track. Your vocal quality is good from what I can hear but you need to take your mic into a better recording environment and record a really good vocal track instead of something 'just made up on the spot' Once you have a better mix vocally this will be a great rock track and as I've said, the song deserves it.
Ray Brookes

Hilary

Well you sure can play and it's got a great vibe about it. I like short songs and like the discipline (oxymoron) of just being free with a song and seeing where it goes. There's an energy about it that can't be replicated.

I quite often write and record in the dark with my eyes closed and just leave my BR80 on until I get something I like.

You've captured the essence of a moment in time.
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

chapperz66

I'm glad you didn't bin this. It's a good song with undoubted energy, but it would be improved immeasurably with a bit more vocal clarity.  I honestly think that the song is worth spending a bit more time on.

Paul

tonyc

i think this is a great track , maybe a bit more time on the vocal , and this would be a belter of a song ....cheers tony cee
recorder
Zoom HD16

Zoltan

Thanks for the comments! I totally agree with the vocals being subpar. The problem is that i can't sing these kinds of songs, even if i wanted to! My vocals tend to be more of a third-rate Orbison/Presley/Kristofferson (while drunk) and if it goes like that i'm happy :D In this case my vocals were mostly spoken, but there's nothing i can do for the flabbiness of the vocals. I think this kind of track would need vocals that have more power, and are more defined. There's no trick in the mix that can do that. Once i managed to do punk vocals, and i was yelling so loud that i'm happy i didn't get eviction notice!

I can't really comment on the song idea because this is kind of a comfort zone for me. I tend to play something like this when i'm just winging it. Usually it's the total opposite of the being inspired, or in a songwriting mood. Luckily i got this far with this one.

Today i tried to play a guitar solo for this. My idea was to go in like Ace Frehley and then go into a Hendrix mode while finish like Eddie Hazel. What i ended up recording sounded like a genre that's yet to be invented ;) Then i tried to funk it up, but mostly ended up adding touches of Minimoog sounds here and there. Not necessarily keepers... I'm going to post this into the collaboration area. Perhaps someone wants to have a go!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

StephenM

more very fine thunder rock straight from the bottom of the volcano...or is it the Zoltano?  Either way this is bubbling up with smoking hot lava rock goodness...it's like a guitar sound buffet of various thundering sonic boom boom...
killa!

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Farrell Jackson

This song has good bones and I like the energy that it brings. A good one for a spur of the moment vocal. I'm glad you didn't throw it away.
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Hilary

Everytime I see the song title I want to sing - He's so fine!
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

Zoltan

There will soon be the ULTIMATE version of this song :) To work behind the curtains has begun, and soon we'll all be able to forget this early incarnation of the song / jam!
You will be surprised! I was :)
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper