"Dependence" w/Lurker

Started by Blooby, August 01, 2021, 02:05:00 PM

Blooby

Dependence (224 kbs) - MoO
Time:
0:00
Volume:

Fueled by fuzz pedals and Crown Royal, not necessarily in that order. I'm not sure if John's lyrics are indicative of a mid-life crisis. When I asked him, he hissed at me.

Dependence

You weren't part of the posh caste
You preferred the fringe
Flirting with the limits
Just to make the others cringe

No one came to save you
When you took your fall
You were too isolated
No one heard your call

Baby, don't hesitate
No need to negotiate
I like everything I see
Take what you want from me

Broken when I found you
At the bottom of a well
I wasn't doing much better
Crawling back from hell

Fighting clawing all the way
We dragged each other to the top
Maximizing love and hate
Knowing we could never stop

Now we're back with the living
Trying to decide
Are we still fit for each other
Or is it time to say goodbye

Baby, don't hesitate
No need to negotiate
I like everything I see
Take what you want from me

Farrell Jackson

Now this is something different from you two and I like it! Blooby, your fuzz pedals and Crown Royal are working so well together! John's "in your face" vocal approach and cool lyric are just what this song ordered. The fuzzy wah solo is over the top good and the deep bass was bouncing my monitors off the desk...love it. Well done guys!

Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

thetworegs

I agree with Farrel loving that vocal right in your face just as i lke it and that solo too...

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

SE

Just right in you face rock, that vocal is excellent but the guitar  solo rocks too.
recorder
Boss BR-80

StephenM

Just read the lyrics without listening... big and deep stuff...survival and human relationships always seem like winning lyrical  combinations...and trying to continue relationships through times of personal growth, especially when one changes and the other doesn't is especially challenging...because some how many can relate...
Reaching very high here...will listen soon..

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Ray Brookes

Everyone should listen to some hard rock at least once a day and this is a perfect example. Great rockin' track - straight down the middle, no messing about. Great collab guys.
Ray Brookes

Greeny

Really like the clarity of that angsty & excellent vocal floating above the fuzz swamp. Nice angular riffs, and the bottom end is superb - real depth and wallop. And as for that solo - out of the park.

tonyc

great track love the mix and your voice , and those drum sound brill great rockin track ....cheers tony cee
recorder
Zoom HD16

StephenM

I think right out of the gate this is my favorite track of yours.... hell, Lurker sounds like Ozzie on this one...
this music is bloody heavy and yet maintains a great semblance of musicality which I love...
and that U2ish bass alone around 2:00 is really great....
I'll be listening to this alot..

and sure enough listening to the music I barely heard the lyrics...because for me the singing and lyrics are always caught into the music and I don't notice them much..

really like the drums alot too...sounds fantastic...

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

maxit

... and that must be the lost hendrix track ... super song and sound!
recorder
Audacity