Should new artists put their songs on Audiomack?

Started by Nelly 20, July 26, 2021, 01:08:30 AM

Nelly 20

Should new artists put their songs on Audiomack?
Some say;  Yes! .. It is the best place for new/independent Artists.. So we put our music there. please tell me your opinion.

https://audiomack.com/c-m-pricelivecouk/song/14276756

Enjoy,
Nelly

Bishmanrock

A free platform is interesting, definitely gives it something to stand out from the rest of the market, plus free offline plays is another bonus that I'm sure will win it fans.

Time will tell if it gains enough traction with actual listeners though, maybe I'm just jaded but I have seen a fair few instances of similar platforms which gained traction with artists but not actual listeners, which ultimately wound up being their (agonizingly slow) downfall.

recorder
Cubase

Oldrottenhead

I use routenote, they publish your songs and distribute them on all the usual streaming services. Spotify, apple music, amazon, youtube etc. You have a free option or a paid option. If you pay you keep all the royalties the free option you get 50% of any royalties. i have earned the princely sum of $14.88 using the free option.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Bishmanrock

Quote from: Oldrottenhead on July 26, 2021, 09:47:00 AMI use routenote, they publish your songs and distribute them on all the usual streaming services. Spotify, apple music, amazon, youtube etc. You have a free option or a paid option. If you pay you keep all the royalties the free option you get 50% of any royalties. i have earned the princely sum of $14.88 using the free option.

I also use RouteNote, along with DistroKid. Both are decent services, and I have grumbles about both. RouteNote's service can be slow, and they have some weird issues with their site and processes which are admittedly quite niche (e.g. you can't reuse the same ISRC between releases, last I checked they were trying to fix this but still, weird). Also they've rejected my releases in the past for pretty daft reasons - one album got rejected because one track had a 5 second silent intro. It took them two weeks to review and reject it, completely scuppering my release plans by the time I'd removed those 5s and resubmitted. That said, for a free service I can't complain too hard, they just seem to find new ways to annoy me every time.

I believe however the free option gives you 85% of royalties, I'm pretty happy giving 15% up as an admin fee.

recorder
Cubase

Oldrottenhead

Quote from: Bishmanrock on July 26, 2021, 11:28:09 AM
Quote from: Oldrottenhead on July 26, 2021, 09:47:00 AMI use routenote, they publish your songs and distribute them on all the usual streaming services. Spotify, apple music, amazon, youtube etc. You have a free option or a paid option. If you pay you keep all the royalties the free option you get 50% of any royalties. i have earned the princely sum of $14.88 using the free option.

I also use RouteNote, along with DistroKid. Both are decent services, and I have grumbles about both. RouteNote's service can be slow, and they have some weird issues with their site and processes which are admittedly quite niche (e.g. you can't reuse the same ISRC between releases, last I checked they were trying to fix this but still, weird). Also they've rejected my releases in the past for pretty daft reasons - one album got rejected because one track had a 5 second silent intro. It took them two weeks to review and reject it, completely scuppering my release plans by the time I'd removed those 5s and resubmitted. That said, for a free service I can't complain too hard, they just seem to find new ways to annoy me every time.

I believe however the free option gives you 85% of royalties, I'm pretty happy giving 15% up as an admin fee.
I follow them on twitter and when i have problems i can privately message them and issues can be resolved quite quickly.

i now follow you on spotify  :)

update; surprised you got a cover version posted on spotify (the song "everyone's gotta learn sometime") great version. I thought routenote only let you post original songs.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Bishmanrock

Quote from: Oldrottenhead on July 26, 2021, 04:08:53 PMi now follow you on spotify  :)

update; surprised you got a cover version posted on spotify (the song "everyone's gotta learn sometime") great version. I thought routenote only let you post original songs.

Thank you! I'm not a big Spotify user myself but I do hop on every so often to try and make sure everything's behaving as it should. I checked you out while I was there and what I listened to sounded great and well produced, popped you on a playlist so I'll keep track in future.

RouteNote does allow you to post covers, but you need a cover licence before doing so, although weirdly I don't remember them ever asking for proof. It's a bit of a faff - I probably won't bother doing it again if I'm honest.

recorder
Cubase

Nelly 20

Hi Bishmanrock,

Thank you for your input.  Yes, I use  Audiomack because it's a platform free., Trying to get more listeners.

" You Said ; "  I also use RouteNote, along with DistroKid" ?!! You use the Two to

distribute your SAME SONGS ?! Is it Possible?!

I also use DistroKid to distribute my 2 songs:
https://open.spotify.com/artist/1rjlQpMTRIjWJN0LYU5mwe
https://twitter.com/mates_band

but till now, I have no listeners.. nobody knows us.. we're new..

Much appreciated.

Nelly 20

Hi Oldrottenhead,

Thank you for your input.
I Know another one. It's AMUSE , they distribute your songs on the streaming services. Spotify, apple music, amazon, youtube etc. You have a free option or a paid option but I haven't use it..

I have 2 songs on spotify, but no listeners, no fans,

I appreciate your help.

Nelly

Oldrottenhead

Quote from: Nelly 20 on July 28, 2021, 01:46:15 AM

Hi Oldrottenhead,

Thank you for your input.
I Know another one. It's AMUSE , they distribute your songs on the streaming services. Spotify, apple music, amazon, youtube etc. You have a free option or a paid option but I haven't use it..

I have 2 songs on spotify, but no listeners, no fans,

I appreciate your help.

Nelly
You have a fan now, great songs now following.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
- Robert Schumann

Bishmanrock

Quote from: Nelly 20 on July 28, 2021, 01:39:54 AM" You Said ; "  I also use RouteNote, along with DistroKid" ?!! You use the Two to

distribute your SAME SONGS ?! Is it Possible?!

No, different songs for reasons I alluded to above. Where possible I try and stay on the same platform though.

Quote from: Nelly 20 on July 28, 2021, 01:39:54 AMbut till now, I have no listeners.. nobody knows us.. we're new..

Well, you have good tunes so now you have a new follower!

recorder
Cubase