"And There He Was" w/Lurker

Started by Blooby, July 17, 2021, 06:18:11 PM

Blooby

And There He Was - Lurker and Blooby mix 3
Time:
0:00
Volume:

John came over today, and then Bulleit bourbon subesquently fueled this concise pop tune that started as something Tom Pettyish in my mind and ended up down a different and somewhat questionable alley.

Peace.

Blooby

And There He Was

In the middle of a crowd
All shouting something loud
To make change in a wave of emotion
He shouted with his heart
He shouted with his lungs
His mind caught up in the commotion
And there he was

He woke up from a scene
In a very vivid dream
As the fading memories left him
In the pale morning light
He rolled to his right
To the half of the bed that lay empty
And there he was

He didn't read the signs
Flashing right before his eyes
He didn't listen close
To the ones who cared the most
And there he was
And there he was

On the previous day
What did his friend say
It seemed important but he couldn't remember
What the words meant
Or even their intent
Just that hearing them made him tremble
And there he was

His money was spent
He couldn't pay the rent
His girlfriend left soon after
He remembered the dream
And what his friend had seen
That warned of impending disaster
And there he was

Nelson

Bloody freak'n  fabulous
The guitars and that strong vocal really drives the song forward with the power & energy the lyric deserves.
Outstanding performances
recorder
Reaper

recorder
Boss BR-600

StephenM

Yeah...major coolness...starting with the killer guitar riffage...major points... classic great progression...great singing... lyrics are big...kind of a David Byrne meets Mott the Hoople meets originality of the Lurking Blooby...
Love it..and especially guitars.

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Mike_S

Yes this is great. I am getting a bit of a Lou Reed vibe with this. It's raw and that simple rhythm pattern hits you like a hammer. Brilliant lads.

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Blooby

Quote from: Mike_S on July 18, 2021, 12:43:49 PMI am getting a bit of a Lou Reed vibe with this.

I said the same thing while recording it. John wrote the tune, but once I dialed in that guitar tone, it had that "Dirty Boulevard" sound and progression.  Thank you for listening.

Blooby

SE

Loving  the vocal recording just so clear and up front with raw cool guitar, sad at the sudden end just getting into it, great  listen!
recorder
Boss BR-80

Greeny

That freakin' guitar solo! And the lead stuff at the end. Superb. But what a great song. Love the open-ness of the riffs and the driving drums. And the whole feel of it. Great vocal and lyric too, of course. Yes, a bit 'Lou Reed', but also not like him. Just a really cool composition and performance. You should hit the bourbon and record button more often!

Ferryman

This ended up down a pretty cool alley in my book! Stripped back but very effective. Love the rumbling bass sound that meshes really well with the drums to create a really great groove. The guitar sounds great, great dynamics in the rhythm work and the lead breaks are awesome. Great lyrics and a great vocal from John, it's a fab track. I too get a bit of that Lou Reed vibe, which is no bad thing. Loved it!

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

maxit

recorder
Audacity

godinqc

Great song .. the guitars and vocals are excellent .. and the lyrics are awesome ..
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800