Music Magazines - What do you like to read?

Started by dwardzala, June 05, 2009, 06:17:11 PM

Bus Stetson

lol these guys don't play, they pull guns! i wonder if i can get the gun shot on the mbr before i snuff it lol. if i don't then take it as my cover of the sound of silence i have not got round to doing yet. most music magazine r gud. u can mix it up. reach out and grab it all. sum editions seem to feature something u wished was in the other magazine or addition. i got more back issues than i have time to indulge in at the mo. but there on standby.;)

We are the music makers, And we are the dreamers of dreams. 'William Edgar O'Shaughnessy'.

Greeny

Quote from: 48 on June 06, 2009, 05:21:38 AM
Quote from: trotters5 on June 06, 2009, 02:24:22 AMIt's got to be Total Guitar...I'm an avid fan and I really do recommend it!!Although it's probably leaning a bit towards metal .....which i good for me!!
I got a bit fed up of the metal bias...having said that I now take "Guitarist" which is a bit serious for me...and all their reviews are for mega expensive top end kit......Is there any any more Rock/Blues based mags out there

Same happened to me, 48. I switched from 'Total Guitar' to 'Guitarist' a year ago, and I love it. Even got a subscription. It's a great mag. I sometimes buy 'Guitar Byer' and 'Guitar and Bass' magazine when I feel the need too.

I don't even look at any other magazines!

guitarron

guitar player, eq and sweetwater's catalog

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Tangled Wires

Quote from: trotters5 on June 06, 2009, 02:24:22 AMIt's got to be Total Guitar...I'm an avid fan and I really do recommend it!!Although it's probably leaning a bit towards metal .....which i good for me!!

I totally agree, although I am still a subscriber to this magazine as it is still a great read despite its Metal bias (not really a big metal fan). I learnt a lot from this magazine when I first started playing 6 years ago by playing along with backing tracks etc on the CD's that come with every issue

recorder
Boss Micro BR

3guitarsEddy

I generally buy Guitarist to read when i'm down the caravan or if thats not available anything about guitars.

Eddy

SteveB

Had roughly the first 50/60 issues of Total Guitar, and almost as many copies of the sister magazine Bassist. Then what happens? I leave off for a year due to work commitments etc, come back and it's become a Steel-Mill and Bassist Has been subsumed into something else!! :o

I still, though very, very, infrequently buy Total Guitar, Hey, I don't want to play Linkin Park's whole 4 albums or whatever. Other than that, I think being a part of an interactive community such as this one is a better way forward. Personal opinion only, of course.

recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR

https://soundcloud.com/stevebon

Davo

I actually enjoy premier guitar.  Its got a more mature tone then say guitar world.  Better articles on gear also, infact it seems to be centered more around gear but they have great interviews as well.

Gutiar player is pretty good also. The British guitar mags are excellent but are quite expensive.  Ditto for vintage guitar.  It has excellent articles, and pics but is pricey.

I recommend you get your subscriptions online-they are much cheaper (I got 2 years of premier guitar for 12 bucks last year)  then whats in the actual magazines.
To be pleased with one's limits is a wretched state.
- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

ianjm

I subscribe to Total guitar and every so often have classic rock.

I have a Led Zep special classic rock signed by Rob Plant. (this one is kept out of the kids way) ;D

SteveB

Here are some of the mags I've read.

recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR

https://soundcloud.com/stevebon