Music Magazines - What do you like to read?

Started by dwardzala, June 05, 2009, 06:17:11 PM

dwardzala

Even in the digital age, I still have a soft spot for magazines.  I always look forward to my monthly delivery of Acoustic Guitar.  But I am also looking for a magazine on (home) recording and maybe a general guitar magazine.  I like accoustic guitar because it has some lessons and practice techniques, an interview or two, review of gear I might actually use or buy and a collection of songs to learn.

I would love to find something akin to Acoustic Guitar but for electric or (better yet) general guitarist.

As far as recording magazines go, my local Borders only carries Recording magazine which gives great (I think) information, tips and advice to people who use really expensive studio equipment and I'd like something a little more "down to earth".

So what do you like to read and why?
Dave

BR-600

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Saijinn Maas

TapeOp!  It's free, it's fun, it emphasizes making music over spending money on gadgets and crap.  You'll be glad you got it.

Kody

I have years of "Guitar World" back issues from when I was a suscriber in the mid 90s...It's really not useful or interesting to me anymore~ My favorite magazines are music equipment catalogs such as "Musician's Friend" & "Sweetwater's" big fat Pro Gear catalog...They're also free!!! Good stuff~~
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

Trotters

It's got to be Total Guitar...I'm an avid fan and I really do recommend it!!Although it's probably leaning a bit towards metal .....which i good for me!!

The Reverend 48

Quote from: trotters5 on June 06, 2009, 02:24:22 AMIt's got to be Total Guitar...I'm an avid fan and I really do recommend it!!Although it's probably leaning a bit towards metal .....which i good for me!!
I got a bit fed up of the metal bias...having said that I now take "Guitarist" which is a bit serious for me...and all their reviews are for mega expensive top end kit......Is there any any more Rock/Blues based mags out there

Blooby

"Classic Rock" magazine along "Guitar Player," "Guitar World," "Guitar," if the issues happen to tickle my fancy.  I will also pick up the odd recording magazine if there's an article or two that grab me.

"Naked Dwarves in Bondage: experiments in Pavlovian Response" has some good stereo reviews as well.

Blooby

OsCKilO

"I'll Pop a Cap in Yo Ass!!!!" Monthly........

Great read....

Tis the way forward for the Modern British young man, wanting to break into the music Biz.......

It's all about being individual!  ;)

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy