this gift picture is dedicated to most of you

Started by Jean Pierre, July 12, 2021, 11:07:21 PM

Jean Pierre

..I don't think I'm the only liar in this case

translate Picocchio say : I will never have other guitars
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
The Lord of the Rings speech by Bilbo

Groundy

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs

Mach

Pensez-vous qu'il regarde le Flying V...  ;D
I know, that's just not right...
recorder
Pro Tools
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Jean Pierre

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
The Lord of the Rings speech by Bilbo

Farrell Jackson

I just need a Flying V and my set would be complete!
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Zoltan

I used to have principles. They say people get wiser when they get older, but i guess it can happen the other way around. When i "really" played i used only one guitar, a MIM Stratocaster and i was happy with that. Never broke a string on a gig. Although my optimism wasn't shared by our bass player who constantly wanted to bring his Les Paul to the gigs for me to play on occasion (never used that thing) :) Anyhow after a decade, or two i got bored with guitar playing and everything sounded bad. Cue violins (in this case synth ones as i dabbled my feet into those things. Holy Yamaha DX7!). Then i started slowly getting back into all things guitar and first came Epiphone Goldtop Les Paul 56 with P-90's. It felt like the perfect guitar for a while. It was almost too easy to play, and i felt it was the chunky neck that i had been missing. Then i started hankering towards Stratocaster again. After all, they were my first (and only?) love! The reason being that i'd out played the old MIM, and getting it up and running would cost more than a new(ish) secondhand one. Fast forward to new MIM Stratocaster. This time in white, with upgraded specs. I was in Heaven...

It lasted for a while. Then i saw an advert for real GIBSON SG. I never liked those things. They looked ugly and had the necktilt (i have Epiphone Iommi SG that i left out from the story above for storytelling purposes ;)). It was too cheap for the prices they go for usually. Must be a copy, must be a scam. I asked my wife half hoping she'd say "you've got plenty of guitars already". I'm not sure what had happened. Perhaps she'd ordered a thing, or two on her own.... as she said "Well, BUY IT!". Fast forward to meeting the seller on a shade railway station. Turns out it's a real deal, and there's nothing shady about the seller either. Now i was in the possession of a real Gibson. After reading from guitar mags ONLY GIBSON is GOOD ENOUGH i was hoping it was the truth.

Funny thing... I'm playing the SG and it feels better than the other ones. It's way lighter than any of the other guitars, it doesn't have the dreaded neckdive and it feels like it's "all neck". It still doesn't look too good in my eyes, but everytime i start switching guitars i end up back to the SG. I can't say this lasts forever, but now i have the Stratocaster and Les Paul waiting for their turn in the sun.

I'm drinking my morning coffee and now that i read what i've written i get a feeling that i might have a tendency to ramble. If anyone got this far... is there a pill for that?

Yesterday i saw Gibson Melody Maker going for a low price. I managed to avoid that bullet. After all i've never wanted one, and i don't want to cheat my SG.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

Ferryman

I only have one guitar. And it's not even a proper guitar........

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Bishmanrock

I also only have one guitar, and I live in fear of the day I might learn how to play it!

recorder
Cubase

Zoltan

Ferryman so you're a pro then! :) Bishmanrock that risk is higher when you only have one. The end is nigh when one has several...
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

T.C. Elliott

I only have one guitar.... in my hands at one time. I also don't have a flying V or an SG.
recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper

Dead Ambassadors Bandcamp Page

T.C. Elliott Bandcamp Page

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." — Jack London