AndyR's "useful" Patch Settings from his retiring BR1600

Started by AndyR, July 07, 2021, 06:43:38 AM

AndyR

Quote from: SteveB on July 25, 2023, 01:33:58 AMOnly just discovered this, AndyR, I have the BR1200, and I'm assuming these patches will be useful for that machine. Thank you for the work done and sharing.  8)

Yep, they should work the same on BR1200.

I do have a caveat now - I think they'd work for me, in the same way I was making recordings on the BR1600.

Whether they'd work for someone else, is another matter - depends what they're trying to achieve.
For me it was "usable parts that I don't have to mess around with too much later", and it was based on repeated experience with my workflow on the BR and a bit of reading.

Now, a few years on with Studio One... I'm not really using my Bass Squasher and Git Squasher approach so much. I might end up finding a few things I do so often that I want to put on the Input Inserts... but the only thing there in the current project(s) I'm working on is a Strobe Tuner ;D

For electric guitars I'm using the 80Hz Hi Pass filter on my Yamaha mixing desk (which feeds the audio interface inputs).

I do compress and wotnot, but with a DAW it seems so much easier to do it after the part is captured.
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1