Bishmanrock - Sand in My Boots

Started by Bishmanrock, July 01, 2021, 08:06:32 AM

Zoltan

I was searching for Bishmanrock tracks and then i found this. There was only one in the personal player, but a song like this is worth a ten. The first half of the song has a commercial sound to it, yet you're bold enough to develop the song into deeper territories (towards more prog-land). It's a short track, but you manage to do a lot in this short running time. Still it was such a joy to listen, that personally i would have brought the vocals back (at around the 1:54 seconds mark) and keep it going :)
The vocals are remarkably strong. The melodies are cool. I'm eagerly waiting to hear more of your songs!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

chapperz66

Dead cool, this.  I would really have liked it to be longer, but whilst I get hints of other styles it is still unique - in a very good way.

Bishmanrock

Cheers folks! I'm notoriously slow at producing new music hence why this is my only contribution to the site so far, and I didn't want to spam the board with my old stuff straight after joining. I might take the opportunity to brush off some tracks that need some TLC and update them though, will keep me busy!

I might work on a longer version of this one day, although I am conscious of overdoing it, especially given the slightly repetitive nature of the rhythm. As a BBC DJ once said about a 35 second song I managed to get aired, "at least it's over before it wears out its welcome" ;)

recorder
Cubase