Bishmanrock - Sand in My Boots

Started by Bishmanrock, July 01, 2021, 08:06:32 AM

StephenM

Holy Smokes I just did a google search of your name after Nigel mentioned an album...and I pulled up the song Architect....wow...killer stuff...love the femine or young voice in there amidst all the sonic bedlam....I am going to purchase this stuff... love the "bell's'" kind of mixed in there with the guitars...plus I love long songs...8 min....

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Bishmanrock

Thanks for the kind words everyone!

Quote from: Greeny on July 01, 2021, 08:18:48 AMI know you say it's an interlude track, but it could easily have taken off into an extended, epic prog freak-out. Very cool indeed.

Quote from: Ferryman on July 01, 2021, 11:41:02 AMBased on your most recent album (I like that a lot btw) I was expecting something heavy..... ;)

You're not far off - the track it leads into continues the same guitar and builds into a pretty heavy part-cover track. I won't post it, partly because I don't want to get into the habit of suddenly dumping my backlog in here, but also mostly because if I'm being honest it doesn't quite hold up to what this track promises. Maybe I'll rework them both into one mega track one day and make it so the follow up is more deserving of attention.

Quote from: StephenM on July 01, 2021, 09:21:12 PMHoly Smokes I just did a google search of your name after Nigel mentioned an album...and I pulled up the song Architect....wow...killer stuff...love the femine or young voice in there amidst all the sonic bedlam....

Thanks! Strangedays came out in March, so that's my most recent release. Anything Devil Road (2017) onwards is of much higher quality. Anything pre-2017... well, let's just say I'm reworking it to be palatable to the human ear. The voice you're hearing is Jessica Blaise Ward, who I work with quite regularly and is a cracking musician. She also has some solo stuff which is synthwave and has really cool vibes to it. When we get together though, we wind up doing some sort of moody heavy prog thing, not sure what the actual genre is but can't say I'm fussed - it works for me!

recorder
Cubase

Farrell Jackson

Well done here! I like the vocals and melody. Great backing tracks as well with a cool lead guitar and a wonderful bass line!

Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

DarrenG / The Devil's Toupee

This sounds brilliant. I can hear a lot of influences in this too. A bit of pink Floyd, ozzy osbourne, yeah jethro tull, very impressive music, playing and performances. It's great.
I'll have to check out some more of your stuff too.

Darren
I have 2 profiles on this site, (NOW COMBINED INTO ONE PROFILE PAGE)
 One is a musical partnership with Keith Allen, ( we record songs as "The Devil's Toupee").
The 2nd one is for my other musical projects and collaborations. (DarrenG)
Thanks for listening.

Ray Brookes

Cool track and love that guitar sound.
Ray Brookes

Nelson

Now that's an outstanding collaboration.
Outstanding vocals, musicianship and arrangement... mixed to perfection
Hat's off to you and your cohorts
recorder
Reaper

recorder
Boss BR-600

tonyc

superb song and so well produced , the lead guitar sounds amazing , love the vocals and love that ending top class work ....cheers tony cee
recorder
Zoom HD16

Hilary

Fantastic - I'm so glad you've found us!
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

Oldrottenhead

lovely production and a great song, tone on lead guitar is awesome. my only bug bear is that i am not big a fan of rhyming couplets but they do work well in this song.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

hardlock

Great piece of work and yes, should be longer. Maybe either work back to the verses from the "trippy" ending or as mentioned, divert off into another vibe entirely. I hear it at about 2:24 where the bass changes rhythm and could build into another song altogether. Oh, you did mention it's an interlude piece - curious as to what was coming next? 8)
recorder
Zoom PS-02
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Audacity

My Originals:
www.soundclick.com/kentone

My Collaborations:
www.soundclick.com/kenscollabs

Those things we take for granted - when we're young and immature - will surely return to haunt us when we're old and insecure