Bishmanrock - Sand in My Boots

Started by Bishmanrock, July 01, 2021, 08:06:32 AM

Bishmanrock

Time:
0:00
Volume:
The original 'Sand in My Boots' was from my first album back in 2005, a small but moody piece that acted as an interlude track. I eventually swept it under the rug and pretended it didn't exist for many years, partly because that first version was terrible for the ears, and partly because I had the nagging feeling I'd ripped it off from somewhere. Coming up to 16 years I thought I'd dust it off and do it a little justice.

Writing/lyrics/vox - Bishmanrock
Guitar - Artur Hearhadze
Bass - Will Finch
Drums - Nicolas Bonneyrat

Walking on and on
Staring at the sun
Path is long and dry
Don't know how I'll get by

Walking on and on
Staring at the sun
Sand is my boots
Bone dry to the roots

Walking on and on
Staring at the sun
Waiting for the end
Somewhere round the bend

recorder
Cubase

Greeny

This is great. It gives me a Jethro Tull vibe but also with a bit of Roy Wood from The Move on vocals. Musically, the only thing that sounds familiar are those opening chords which are very reminiscent of Matthew Southern Comfort's 'Woodstock' (I never worry about whether I've ripped something off because I often do, lol). It's a fine song - superb melody. And I love all that atmospheric stuff at the end. My only criticism is that it's too short! I know you say it's an interlude track, but it could easily have taken off into an extended, epic prog freak-out. Very cool indeed.

Ferryman

Based on your most recent album (I like that a lot btw) I was expecting something heavy..... ;) This is quite intriguing, a very Fripp-y guitar over some really nice intricate rhythm work. It's a really effective repeating sequence and the vocals fit nicely with the backing track. It's actually pretty catchy, I can feel myself singing it already.....

Glad you dusted it off, I liked this a lot.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

maxit

definitely worth of the court of the crimson king ! and that howling guitar ! amazing and mesmerizing at the same time ...
recorder
Audacity

TPB

I like it it has a little Jethro Tull vibe  to it but not enough to think you were ripping it off love that souring guitar work
Tim
Life is not about the number of Breathes you take, it is the amount of times your breathe is taken away

Geir

For some strange reason I got a Hollies vibe from this ....

Really catchy and well produced.

Love the vocals and the guitar. A really well done song !

love the ending to ... unpredictable as all good endings are
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Johnbee

Top notch writing and musicianship.  King Crimson's "Court" comes to mind.  I can hear the influence.

:) John B

By and large, jazz has always been like the kind of a man you wouldn't want your daughter to associate with.

-Duke Ellington

OK to cover but please let me know first.  Thanks!

Mike_S

Excellent listen. Sounds brilliant in headphones, beautifully produced. On top of what other folks have said about the musicianship, just a quick nod to that cool bassline too. Great tune.

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand

StephenM

superb work...just stunning....love the guitars especially...lots of room in between to breathe which is what the masters all achieve....

I can hear alot of "influences"...might be the ones I know and totally not the ones you know...

as for you felt you were ripping this off from somewhere?  No one owns the chords...no one owns the notes... I suppose some can own the sequences etc...the rights to them...
like it or not we all influence one another...this sounds pretty original to me...

I could add also that your vocals sound fantastic...very, very good.... and for a SC comp you remind me a bit of BerryPatch

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

StephenM

Quote from: Geir on July 01, 2021, 01:49:04 PMFor some strange reason I got a Hollies vibe from this ....

Really catchy and well produced.

Love the vocals and the guitar. A really well done song !

love the ending to ... unpredictable as all good endings are

I could agree with that Hollies thing in parts... also a bit like Robin Trower in that deep throaty little lead part...

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner