Wonderment-Original

Started by Johnbee, June 30, 2021, 06:22:45 PM

StephenM

defo worth another listen.  While John's music is not completely unique, as there are numerous bands that have played like this to one extent or another, what is totally unique is John's vocals.  There is no one else I have ever heard that sings like him.  Maybe a few to hint toward, I cannot think of any.  That is pretty special. 
Drums sound good to me still... the thing about mixing is, something can always drive you crazy if you let it. 
Good bump Ted

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Johnbee

Wow!  I never expected this one to get kicked back up, but I'm flattered. ;)

Quote from: Ted on October 25, 2022, 04:44:28 AMGet a paternity test done. You may be the love child of Burt Bacharach and Steely Dan.

'fraid not.  I'm the only musical member of my family, but it's nice of you to say that. ;D

Also, thanks Steven.  Your reviews are always so invigorating.

FYI-I since changed the line in the last verse to "As there is only one way to learn, I'll spend my life trying not to burn"  As a Christian I truly believe Jesus is the only path to God and it was stupid of me to write it the original way.

:) John B

By and large, jazz has always been like the kind of a man you wouldn't want your daughter to associate with.

-Duke Ellington

OK to cover but please let me know first.  Thanks!