Platform Tactile Monitor

Started by Ted, June 30, 2021, 08:12:56 AM

Ted

I'm not sure I can live without a "Platform Tactile Monitor" now that I've heard of it – about five minutes ago.

As a bass player, I've always wanted to feel the bass in my whole body – without necessarily being the loudest instrument in the band. I sometimes would lean my back against the amp. My bass amp is kind of small and wedge shaped like a stage monitor. A couple of times I would lay on the floor with my back against the amp like a chaise lounge. The band members looked at me like I was a weirdo.

I'm not alone!

Aviom Products - BOOM-1 Tactile Transducer Processor
https://www.aviom.com/AviomProducts/Boom-1.php

KT Platform Tactile Monitor lets players get a real feel for the music
https://newatlas.com/kt-platform-tactile-monitor/35638/
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

Ray Brookes

Some remarkable playing in that vid, Ted. Thanks for sharing.
Ray Brookes

Ted

Quote from: Ray Brookes on June 30, 2021, 02:35:41 PMSome remarkable playing in that vid, Ted. Thanks for sharing.

Here's the same crew doing Rush's "YYZ."

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

Ferryman

Intriguing, but it does rather limit your stage movement somewhat. No duck walks with that baby.........

Quote from: Ted on June 30, 2021, 08:12:56 AMThey band members looked at me like I was a weirdo.
Well there's a surprise...... ;) :D

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Ted

Quote from: Ferryman on July 02, 2021, 02:41:15 AMIntriguing, but it does rather limit your stage movement somewhat. No duck walks with that baby.........

Do some basss players move on stage? I've never heard of such a thing.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

Ferryman

Quote from: Ted on July 02, 2021, 06:05:42 AMDo some basss players move on stage? I've never heard of such a thing.

Oh yes. Just take a look at this guy, one of the best bass players of all time and quite a mover.......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxkDyaGHULk

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Ted

Quote from: Ferryman on July 02, 2021, 06:43:55 AMOh yes. Just take a look at this guy, one of the best bass players of all time and quite a mover.......

Can you actually see his feet though? I think he's on a trolly of some kind, and he's being pulled from side to side by stagehands.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

WarpCanada

I love how wildly far afield threads on here go.

Japan does not get mentioned enough.
Warren
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Cubase

recorder
Bitwig Studio

British Columbia Canada

guitarron

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Mach

QuoteI think he's on a trolly of some kind, and he's being pulled from side to side by stagehands.

Japan does not get mentioned enough.

Just mount one of these   

on to one of these   

Eazy peeze japaneze  ;D
recorder
Pro Tools
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Boss Micro BR