i just don't care by oldrottenhead

Started by Oldrottenhead, June 05, 2009, 01:56:45 PM

Oldrottenhead

i just dont care by oldrottenhead
Time:
0:00
Volume:
this is the first song i've done on my own for a while, it's also the first time i've used my guitar for a while.

as you might know of late ive done a lot of stuff with the osckilo guys. and was intrigued by their recording methods, so i plugged my micro br into my line 6 spider11 15amp, via a stereo line from the headphone socket. i then plugged my guitar into my mbr , then remembering how greeny records, hit guit/mic to record via guitar in and onboard mic at same time. put a loop on the mbr drums, then moved guitar and mbr as close to the amp as possible without blowing it up. hit record and did a wee riff thing for just over three minutes. then played it back with drums still on and recording guitar same way again to tracks 3 and 4.

having done that, i fannyed about till i got a mix i liked and bounced it down, then did a stream of thought vox into onboard mic via guitar effect 22 (st summit or other)a stereo effect recording to tracks 3 and 4 then mastered it.
have no idea what you will make of it, whole process took about 45 minutes, and was an experiment for me.

iwas completely sober throughout this experiment.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

StevieM

Sober, maybe?
Flashbacks though? suspicious ;D
Like it. 8)
I always say, if I can leave somebody happy and smiling at the end of the day-----I've completely f*cked up!!

Bosko Schwartz

This is what I've been waiting for!  An all-rottenhead song!  And to no one's surprise, it's not rotten at all. 

Nice, very nice.  I get a late 80s/new wave/Manchester vibe from this one.  I dig the riff, and as always, the vox are sweet.  Pretty effects-heavy, but I'm guessing this is how you wanted it.  Definitely a WALL OF SOUND.

Great job, Mr. RottenHead!!! :)
www.myspace.com/thestanlaurels
www.soundclick.com/thestanlaurels
www.facebook.com/thestanlaurels

Oldrottenhead

Quotebut I'm guessing this is how you wanted it.
i had no idea how it was gonna sound beforehand, and lyric was sang stream of thought, had a couple of dry runs with ideas but writing the lyric and recording of vox took under 10 minutes. lyric was influenced by my attempts to position everything to get just a tad of feedback, and i think there might be a lot of influence from the jesus mary chain and their use of feedback.
i have never recorded this way before so like i already said i had no idea what was gonna come out the other end, i think i deserve my first stella of the night now.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

launched

Hell yeah!! I dig. Why not stay on this path??

Big sound, big guitar, big pipes!!!

Later,

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Sprocket

Quote from: oldrottenhead on June 05, 2009, 01:56:45 PMas you might know of late ive done a lot of stuff with the osckilo guys. and was intrigued by their recording methods, so i plugged my micro br into my line 6 spider11 15amp, via a stereo line from the headphone socket. i then plugged my guitar into my mbr , then remembering how greeny records, hit guit/mic to record via guitar in and onboard mic at same time. put a loop on the mbr drums, then moved guitar and mbr as close to the amp as possible without blowing it up. hit record and did a wee riff thing for just over three minutes. then played it back with drums still on and recording guitar same way again to tracks 3 and 4.

iwas completely sober throughout this experiment.

I really like this song, I find myself re-listening to the words...I really enjoy your lyrics, even past songs, the lyrics and ideas appear to flow out of you so naturally. Its a real pleasure to listen to your creations.

I really like how you describe your guitar/amp set up...and Im going to hafta look closer at that guitar/mic input setting as I wasnt aware of the option to use both...and osckilo tried to explain it to me earlier(I thought he was just talking about recording feedback...opps) but your description fills some gaps for me and gets the wheels rolling inside my head in how I might incorporate this into my own set up...and experiment...cause I care :)

Bluesberry

Great guitar playing ORH, great groove, nice one.  You should play more guitar!  Thats always my answer to everything, play more guitar.  Seriously the guitar sounds wonderful.  It was a cool experiment for sure.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

OsCKilO

Dobber!!!!!!!!!

Great song though Jim!

The stream of thought is running!!!!!!

That you on the Axe?!?!?!!

It's great!!!!!!!!!!

Peace

T
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

Oldrottenhead

QuoteGreat guitar playing ORH,
QuoteThat you on the Axe?!?!?!!
just me barchording and relying on feedback and the unexpected harmonics of wot happened during experiment.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
- Robert Schumann

Satchwood

It sounds great to me, James!!  Guitar sounds great!!

Nice hard hitting in the face guitar and vocals!  I like your original stuff - its just so fresh and over the top kind of lyrics!  Wam, bam, thankyou mam...

Your a very talented writer and very humble I might add!!
www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)