The story of the travelling Uke across the world

Started by Jean Pierre, June 15, 2021, 12:03:11 AM

Jean Pierre

The Ukulele is a wonderful little instrument, so small that it can travel perfectly (I took one with me during my missions in Haiti (9000 km by plane in the luggage compartment, in my suitcase!)
 ...and the story of the wandering keyboard  that comes back home, as told by Desofree ,
https://songcrafters.org/forum/index.php?action=post;topic=31273.0;last_msg=371810
 reminds me of another one that I tell you here:

My daughter (Cécile) and her husband (Guillaume) were in charge a few years ago of the Ukulele Club in Lyon (France) and during one of their monthly meeting whose theme was "travel" they had the idea to entrust a Uke to a young English student who was studying in Lyon with the mission to bring him back to his home in England and in turn to entrust the Uke to another person leaving for another trip and to send a postcard of the Uke to the club as soon as he arrived at his new destination. ... the story continued for a decade for the Uke traveler who went from England to Italy, then Yugoslavia, Poland, Australia etc. ... to finally return home after 10 years of "world trip"

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
The Lord of the Rings speech by Bilbo

TPB

Very cool when I was member of another sire named cool lab. PJ's new guitar was sent everyone who did a song, video and signed the guitar. Everything was kept on a thread with the songs so everybody could track what country it was in and listened to the songs played with that guitar
Was kinda neat
Tim
Life is not about the number of Breathes you take, it is the amount of times your breathe is taken away

Groundy

Quote from: TPB on June 15, 2021, 11:02:52 AMVery cool when I was member of another sire named cool lab. PJ's new guitar was sent everyone who did a song, video and signed the guitar. Everything was kept on a thread with the songs so everybody could track what country it was in and listened to the songs played with that guitar
Was kinda neat
Tim
buy

I remdmber that Tim, a telecaster from Mike, The Reverend, I received it from I think was Paul in London, I played Razmataz Polka and sent it to Redcar. It eventually got to the states... Good fun... Alex

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs