my new mini sax

Started by maxit, June 14, 2021, 12:32:18 PM

maxit

nuvo_jsax_trial
Time:
0:00
Volume:
ok, I cant help but laugh even before it ends ... saxphone is hard, even the 'toy' version lol !
recorder
Audacity

cuthbert

Quote from: maxit on June 14, 2021, 12:32:18 PMok, I cant help but laugh even before it ends ... saxphone is hard, even the 'toy' version lol !

I have heard worse. Much worse (my sister learning clarinet circa 1978). ;D

I'm by no means an expert on saxophone (or any woodwinds for that matter), but many of the notes sounded good to my ear. I don't know if this means the rest that didn't sound so good could be perfected with more practice and better technique?
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Mike_S

Keep with it I think... you have definitely something to build on!
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Ferryman

I was expecting much worse! Stick at it.......

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

maxit

Quote from: Ferryman on June 15, 2021, 02:10:31 AMI was expecting much worse! Stick at it.......

and it was !!!! that's after one month study LoL (and still heidi's theme's been turned into the duck's lament)
recorder
Audacity

Hilary

I REALLY wanted one of these - now not so much  ;)
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

alfstone

For many reasons I prefer staying with VST instruments. Even with an Ipad, a guitar and a very cheap software, the sounds are GREAT.

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Tascam DP-24
recorder
Logic Pro
recorder
Adobe Audition
http://soundcloud.com/alfredo-de-pietra 
http://www.flickr.com/photos/26939208@N03/

TPB

Not bad you should of heard my banjo playing after one month in fact it is still bad to listen too a year later LOL. Keep at it
Tim
Life is not about the number of Breathes you take, it is the amount of times your breathe is taken away

dasilvasings

I actually have a Nuvo Dood, which is very limiting because only covers 1 octave, but I really enjoyed playing it during those long Teams' meeting during pandemics. Mic was off, and I was just "Doodling" randomly.

In the end I was taking a very decent sound out of it. I even bought new reeds, thicker, to give a stronger sound.

Nuvo is a very interesting manufacturer. They are still targeting schools and kids for their instruments, but I am sure they will eventually reach a more mature market, because their products are really well designed, the plastics are excellent, and the sound pretty decent for not so much money.

Looking forward to hear your cover of "careless whisper", lol!
recorder
Boss Micro BR