take tracks to Protools then back?

Started by mgalicki, June 14, 2021, 11:56:28 AM

Is there a way to bring the files back into the BR-1600 & have them editable? I just want to pull them into Protools to add about 4 bars of click track to the beginning of the song. We started the recording with 4 drum stick clicks that were not picked up on a mic. Thanks.

64Guitars

You can import WAV or AIFF files into the BR-1600 over USB. See page 252 of the BR-1600 manual.

You can also add a click track with the BR's built-in drum machine, eliminating the need to export your tracks and then import them back into the computer. If you need to insert 4 bars at the beginning of the song, use the Track Move feature.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

We tried to do that but it's not quite an even amount of time so it's hit or miss & been mostly miss..
Is there a way to find a place on beat to add the click track?

64Guitars

Quote from: mgalicki on June 14, 2021, 03:19:43 PMIs there a way to find a place on beat to add the click track?

Not sure if I understand the question but, generally, the procedure I'd use to add a click track to an existing recording on a BR is:
  • Determine the tempo. If you already know the tempo of your recording, great. If not, you can use our BPM & Delay Calculator.
  • Use the BR's rhythm to create an arrangement with the first step set to a suitable pattern for the click and to the desired tempo. Set the second step of the arrangement to preset pattern P327:Break and set its starting measure to the desired length of the click track plus one. For example, if you only want 4 bars of click then set the starting measure of step 2 to 5. The rhythm track is independent of your audio tracks so, at this stage, it doesn't matter if it overlaps the audio.
  • Choose one prerecorded audio track that has a clearly defined beat and determine the time offset of the first beat using the BR's display. Calculate the difference between the length of the click track intro and the offset to beat one. Then use the BR's Track Move feature to move the audio track forward by that amount.
  • Now use Track Move to adjust each of the remaining audio tracks by the same amount.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

guitarron

Quote from: 64Guitars on June 16, 2021, 03:26:53 PM
Quote from: mgalicki on June 14, 2021, 03:19:43 PMIs there a way to find a place on beat to add the click track?

• Determine the tempo. If you already know the tempo of your recording, great. If not, you can use our BPM & Delay Calculator.
Damn that's a pretty useful resource I've been missing. Thanks for that 64

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder