The A to Z of Psychedelia

Started by Oldrottenhead, June 08, 2021, 09:55:06 AM

Oldrottenhead

Originally broadcast on BBCradio6 music. Now available on the BBC sounds app, i believe it can be had on other podcast servers. but well worth a listen. https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p05k8003/episodes/downloads
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Mike_S

Thanks... I will check this out. I've been checking out some YouTube videos on Syd Barrett lately. Some of his music I find really interesting, even some of the stuff where he was starting to become unstable... although it can be a little disturbing.
recorder
iPad GarageBand

cuthbert

Oh yeah, many, many names I recognize there! Thanks for posting, James - I'll bookmark and check them out.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Oldrottenhead

Quote from: cuthbert on June 08, 2021, 01:05:08 PMOh yeah, many, many names I recognize there! Thanks for posting, James - I'll bookmark and check them out.
a few i didn't know such as Skip Spence wow!
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
- Robert Schumann

cuthbert

Quote from: Oldrottenhead on June 08, 2021, 06:13:30 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1OAeMwNEGg

I love that song! Skip Spence is right up there with Syd Barrett and Roky Erikson, in my book.

Here's another of his tracks from Oar - very psychedelic:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-ZOjZztGzs
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Oldrottenhead

beck did a cover of the entire album "oar"
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
- Robert Schumann

Ferryman

Ooh thanks, wasn't aware of this. Recognize most of the names there as they formed the soundtrack to my youth and teen years.....

I then saw the A to Z of punk as well, and I know every name there.... ;D

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Oldrottenhead

Have just finished psychedelia episodes and working my way through punk which is equally as interesting.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
- Robert Schumann

Ferryman

Really enjoying this. I realise how much of a soundtrack to my youth this was as I was really starting to get into music in 1966/7.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR