"You've Chosen Me" with Lurker

Started by Blooby, May 24, 2021, 05:55:39 PM

Blooby

You've Chosen Me - Lurker & Blooby (160)
Time:
0:00
Volume:

John came in with the lyric and song form. My contribution were some chords and a solo that should've been more Steve Cropper and less Ronnie Montrose. Perhaps the jury is still out.

Took a mental health day to mix this down, and I'm noticing the cymbals are still not there. Poopie on me.

That John sure can sing.

Blooby

hardlock

Wow. pro production all the way! Cymbals are a little rude in spots but that just adds to the soulful live vibe! Dang, a hot lead there - whew - smoken!
recorder
Zoom PS-02
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Audacity

My Originals:
www.soundclick.com/kentone

My Collaborations:
www.soundclick.com/kenscollabs

Those things we take for granted - when we're young and immature - will surely return to haunt us when we're old and insecure

StephenM

I love cymbals so this is just right for me....excellent song fellas...played with alot of feeling ... and sang that way also.... the drums sound great...

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Farrell Jackson

Yeah the crash cymbal is a bit bold in a few spots but that just gives it a live sound. That's fine to my ears. John did a cool vocal performance here with a lot of feelings put into it. You're fuzzed out guitar solo is an excellent contrast to the mellower flow of the song....I like that! Well done all around Blooby and John.

Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Kenneth

Pro tune here. Great work on this track, congrats!
"...a guitar sound that you could curdle cream with." Ferryman

cuthbert

Loved it - I do hear a bit of that Cropper style you had intended, but also a bit of San Francisco sound from the psychedelic Sixties.

Vocals and guitars are off the charts good.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Ferryman

Well I liked the solo. Great fuzz sound and lovely fluid playing, worked fine for me. The track has a great bluesy groove and John's vocals are fantastic. I liked this one a lot as is!

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Great work guys, yep top vocals, cymbals my be a trifle bold but that's fine by me. Excellent lead tone and performance. Love it.     Willie
recorder
Boss BR-800

Mike_S

Great feel in this tune. It's true John is an excellent vocalist. I do like the contrast when the solo comes in, it adds some craziness and then  "Bam" back to the chilled vibe. It's a great song gents and I sure this will be a winner live if you guys do it.

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann