Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oldrottenhead

never use a plectrum, bought loads of them but havent a clue how to use them, i can safely say that in all my recordings i have never used a pick. strumming is another thing i never got the hang of apparently there are lots of different ways of strumming, i do up and down. then there is fingerpicking????
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

chip

Sharkfins for me, the red ones, very thin. Fingers for bass depending on what I am doing.
Finger nails for strumming acoustic most of the time except live then it's back to the shark.

I have used the sharks since I started messing about with guitars at the age of 12,
 first the white, now the red..
Sweet young thing aint sweet no more.

Farrell Jackson

I used to use those flexible brass/bronze thin picks (shape like a regular tear drop pick) because I found coins just too thick but I liked Billy Gibbons metal on metal sound. When I would drop a pick during performing,  which I did at least once in a four hour gig, I would just use my index finger like a pick to finish out the song. I can strum or pick with it without hardly missing a beat...sometimes I wondered why I use a pick at all but I still do. I've gone to using Nylon Dunlop mediums on my electrics along with my middle and ring fingers.  On my acoustics I use my thumb and all my fingers (strumming or finger picking) or a pick depending on what I'm trying to do. When finger picking at times I rest the tip of my pinky on the guitar body for stabilization and at other times my hand floats free........sometimes when I'm playing sloppy, I use the air as a pick, lol!

All that really matters is that you get the job done......so use what ever means that gets you there.

Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Facemask93

Plastic thumb picks for fingerpicking , sometimes with metal finger picks , all strumming thin plectrum , medium for single note playing

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

"All along the ancient wastes the thin reflections spin,
that gather all the times and tides at once we love within."
 - Roy Harper

Burtog

I've been using Dava plectrums recently, they are kind of thick but have a thin section in the middle for some give, think it helps you holding it without it slipping when you are picking strings.

Used to play with fingers (Mark Knopfler style), got quite good at it too but it all depends what type of music you play.

recorder
Boss BR-800

OsCKilO

I never use a pick because I always end up dropping them.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

Interestingly I use the same as the Reverend 48 which is an upside down Jim Dunlop although I am trying to use my fingers more. For bass I normally use fingers and thumb depending on the music I'm attempting to play, never tried a coin, I think I'd get through too many strings...........Willie
recorder
Boss BR-800