David Carradineis dead/Possible Suicide

Started by JasonBR864, June 05, 2009, 12:07:23 AM

JasonBR864

Dudes

Im shocked I'm 32 and remember watching Kungfu Theater as a kid and Kill Bill and even The legend continues. Sounds fishy to me but you never know.
Check out this link:
http://www.popeater.com/movies/article/vivica-fox-talks-david-carradine-suicide/514632

I'm going to have to do a Carradine marathon at home now :'(

Jason

Greeny

It was kind of strange that this happened, because Carradines 'Kung Fu' got mentioned on this forum only a few days ago. For anyone of a certain age, it was a special TV show. In the UK it aired early on Saturday evenings, and was incredibly popular with me and my school friends. 'You must learn to walk the ricepaper, grasshopper' has even become a well-known cultural reference, lol. I liked him in Kill Bill too. Well... I just liked the whole of the Vol 1 movie. Sad loss for sure.

Oldrottenhead

i recently watched season 1 and 2, will need to get season 3 now, but i dont think it maintained the same standard, sad loss couldnt believe he was 72.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

OsCKilO

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

guitarron

he did a lot of History Channel narration stuff too-he had a real cool demeanor-he will be missed

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

AndyR

Yeah, tis sad - I saw someone's newspaper headline "Kill Bill Star Dies"... now I've not seen Kill Bill, so I thought "Uma!!"

Anyway, like others, David Carradine means Kung Fu to me - I remember those saturday evenings as well.

I think the only film we've got him in (and we've got hundreds) is the Long Riders - fine film...

Sad news :(

recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

hewhoiscalledj

Satchwood

Kwai Chang Caine was my childhood hero and the Kungfu show really got me into the martial arts at a young age....instead of breaking bricks and boards, now my hands are dedicated to making music...

R.I.P. David Carradine (Kwai Chang Caine)
www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)

64Guitars

Quote from: AndyR on June 05, 2009, 10:46:51 AMAnyway, like others, David Carradine means Kung Fu to me

Me too. But, as musicians, we should also recognize his portrayal of Woody Guthrie in the 1976 film "Bound for Glory".

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

OsCKilO

I didn't know he played Guitar!

That man was a legend!!!!

Even more so to me now!

Quote from: Satchwood on June 05, 2009, 11:42:42 AMKwai Chang Caine was my childhood hero and the Kungfu show really got me into the martial arts at a young age....instead of breaking bricks and boards, now my hands are dedicated to making music...

R.I.P. David Carradine (Kwai Chang Caine)

Satch

I feel the same....
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy