Real Example of Realism of Keyscape Virtual Keyboard

Started by Mike Huntingford, May 13, 2021, 02:05:06 PM

Mike Huntingford

keyscape example EP Sound
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Hi guys,

This song I threw together in a few minutes... but it is only posted here for you to hear how a software instrument can really sound.  The software is Keyscape and it is a collection of tons of keyboard instruments.  I own expensive Roland, Yamaha, and Korg keyboards and the Electric Pianos in Keyscape are second to none!  In fact, this software puts those expensive keyboards to shame.

In this simple real-world example, I am using Keyscape's "Rhodes - LA Custom Stereo Phaser" virtual instrument.  The sound of this instrument is deep and lush enough for the piece to forego the need of bass (sorry bass players).  The whole anchor of this short song is the Keyscape virtual instrument.  Other sounds you'll hear is the cheesy percussion from my Yamaha PSR-S710, guitar instrument from the same keyboard, and the harmonica also from that instrument.  The other echoed EP is from my Roland RD2000.

Again, who knew that computer generated virtual instruments could sound so rich and be the foundation for compositions - I was very surprized.

Mike
Mike Huntingford

recorder
Reaper

WarpCanada

Keyscape sounds amazing. Nice piece!  The rhodes sounds perfect.

Your guitar-from-keyboard sounds quite believable, a bit of fret squeak and a little hammer-on or two, and the illusion would be complete.
Warren
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Cubase

recorder
Bitwig Studio

British Columbia Canada

Mike Huntingford

Quote from: WarpCanada on May 13, 2021, 10:27:06 PMKeyscape sounds amazing. Nice piece!  The rhodes sounds perfect.

Your guitar-from-keyboard sounds quite believable, a bit of fret squeak and a little hammer-on or two, and the illusion would be complete.

I'd have to sample that as it doesn't come with that keyboard sound.  Although my Korg does do that!

I shall try using that in the future.

Mike
Mike Huntingford

recorder
Reaper

tonyc

nice catchy song mike , the sounds are brill ,....cheers tony cee
recorder
Zoom HD16

StephenM

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Mike Huntingford

Quote from: tonyc on May 14, 2021, 09:38:25 AMnice catchy song mike , the sounds are brill ,....cheers tony cee

Funny, this tune was hastily put together just to demonstrate Keyscape.

Thanks for nice comments on it.

Mike
Mike Huntingford

recorder
Reaper