New Wave song looking for vocals (for New Wave fest)

Started by Ferryman, May 12, 2021, 11:56:21 AM

Ferryman

NewWaveRoughMix03
Time:
0:00
Volume:
I've done a backer for New Wave fest and it needs vocals, so I'm looking for vocalists. I won't limit this to just one person, because I post so few songs it will give me a chance to post more songs if multiple people are prepared to have a go  :D

I tried to imagine what might have happened if The Edge had joined The Cure instead of U2, and this is it.

Not sure how compelling it is, but if anyone fancies a shot at vocals feel free. But please follow THE RULES (see below)

The RULES:

Rule 1: Feel free to sing anywhere and anyhow over the backer. There is a fairly obvious structure but please sing anywhere you want, and leave gaps anywhere you want, I will work round what you do.

Rule 2: Please don't add vocals to this mix and post it, instead please save your vocal tracks as .wav files and send me your vocal .wav files in a PM, or PM me and I will give you my email address.

Rule 3: This is a very rough mix and it could change quite a lot between now and the final version. Another reason I don't really want this posted with vocals until I have been able to remix everything.

Rule 4: There will be a fade at the end, so the last repeating guitar riff won't go on for as long as it does on this one.

Rule 5: It may take a while for me to post the finished track with your vocals, as I am a complete obsessive. So please don't expect a fast turnaround.......

Rule 6: There is NOOOOOOOOOO rule 6 (Bruce).

Have fun, or at least as much as you are allowed within the rules..... ;)

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

ODH

Quote from: Ferryman on May 12, 2021, 11:56:21 AMRule 6: There is NOOOOOOOOOO rule 6 (Bruce).

Well spoken, Bruce  ;D

Great backer, though. Might fancy a pop myself.
Overdrive - Distortion - Hyperactivity
Yesterdays shatter, tomorrows don't matter

Ferryman

Quote from: ODH on May 12, 2021, 12:45:27 PMGreat backer, though. Might fancy a pop myself.

G'wan g'wan g'wan g'wan g'wan g'wan g'wan........... you know you want to   ;)

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Ferryman

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

hardlock

Killer track!  I hear Greeny all over this one! 8)
recorder
Zoom PS-02
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Audacity

My Originals:
www.soundclick.com/kentone

My Collaborations:
www.soundclick.com/kenscollabs

Those things we take for granted - when we're young and immature - will surely return to haunt us when we're old and insecure

Geir

This is fu(k!n awesome. 

The production is just perfect and the music is so good. This is inspiring

hope someone adds to this.

Might give it a go myself if I get the inspiration
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Oldrottenhead

bugger just about to start a double shift till Sunday. will download and see if I get inspired. Braw tunage!
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Ferryman

No rush Jim, I'm working on one from Tim. Feel free when you have time   :D

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

BerryPatch

This is a really great track Nigel. Love the tight guitar riffs and that bass is to die for. I'd be willing to give it a shot myself.