"Dream It" by Mike Huntingford

Started by Mike Huntingford, May 12, 2021, 11:28:35 AM

Mike Huntingford

dream it_1
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Hi Gang,

Here's my latest nice little little chill instrumental... I am using a breath controller (still trying get the nack of - makes, or supposed to, instruments sound more real) its pretty touchy.  Let me know if the wind instruments sound real...LOL

Anyway hope you enjoy it.

Mike
Mike Huntingford

recorder
Reaper

StephenM

I had no problems with any of your previous sounds.... but I have to admit listening to this...it sounds great....but then again your others have too.... you would not know it Mike from my song list but I love music like this alot... I have a very wide pallete of love for music, there isn't much I won't listen to...but i would say for me, where I am in my life now, it makes it alot more special to "know" the folks doing the music...  so i likely would not buy a CD of a famous artist that does this (I do have some of Kenny G and stuff like that though)...but I have all of yours you put on the site here...thanks for the chill...btw, I really think you have a great knack for the drums programming or picking out what you use....it's really good...

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Ray Brookes

Lovely cool instrumental, Mike. That sax sounds so sweet as does the flute; very realistic.
Ray Brookes

DarrenG / The Devil's Toupee

A great song for chilling out to. Lovely sound to those instruments and they sound very realistic. Darren.
I have 2 profiles on this site, (NOW COMBINED INTO ONE PROFILE PAGE)
 One is a musical partnership with Keith Allen, ( we record songs as "The Devil's Toupee").
The 2nd one is for my other musical projects and collaborations. (DarrenG)
Thanks for listening.

kenny mac

Another excellent instrumental mate.
Keyboards sound great.
Lovely  performance
Chill out excellence.

tonyc

nice tune mike , cool and relaxing . cheers tony cee
recorder
Zoom HD16

Farrell Jackson

Real nice and chilled Mike! The breath controller does give realism to the sax and flute...which is way cool!
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

WarpCanada

I love the EP/Vibraphone chord sounds with the lovely vibe on them.  Keyscape?

The wind sounds sound fairly realistic except that there's the mechanical and the human part of them that I would add to increase realism a bit further.

It's possible to overdo that, For example, when a flute player breathes, you hear it, and it registers subtly.    You could actually record your mic with you blowing into something and just get a tiny bit of air in there and it would fool everybody.  With guitar, especially acoustic, the sound of fingers squeaking on wound steel strings is part of the acoustic nature of a thing.

The second thing I think is the spatial effects.   I know we probably can all use reverb TOO MUCH but I felt these sounds were great but I wished they felt closer to a mic, and more "in a room reverb space".

The most realistic flute part is around 3:36 to the end.  That felt like a human playing a real flute.  It was all good, but just so ya know, the last part was the most realistic.

I listened to it in my DAW and it seems to have a VERY STRONG mastering limiter in it, getting as close to the top as it can, and in fact, probably on some playback systems, will distort or -clip.  If it was me, I'd back that off a few dB.

Warren
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Cubase

recorder
Bitwig Studio

British Columbia Canada