Can't sing so tried GSnap however.....

Started by hardlock, May 02, 2021, 01:56:52 AM

Hilary

Quote from: hardlock on May 03, 2021, 02:38:12 PMThanks much Hilary! Still putting the musical pieces together on the song but would love to have your fine voice complete the mix!

I've just seen this - synergy  :)
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

Geir

Since you have some chord-changes that suggest different keys I'd suggest you choose "chromatic" as the scale. Then you don't have to worry about what key you're in.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

T.C. Elliott

Quote from: Geir on May 10, 2021, 05:52:58 AMSince you have some chord-changes that suggest different keys I'd suggest you choose "chromatic" as the scale. Then you don't have to worry about what key you're in.

This works when I'm mostly on pitch, but on my bad days then I end up having more off notes than on.  !@012
recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper

Dead Ambassadors Bandcamp Page

T.C. Elliott Bandcamp Page

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." — Jack London

Ted

I just discovered Gsnap myself. You're overthinking it. You don't have to limit it to a single key. If you set it to a 12 note chromatic scale, it will "round" whatever note you sing to the nearest note in the chromatic scale. There are 100 "cents" between every half step. If you hit a note that's off by more than 50 cents, it may round you up or down to the wrong note. But as long as the notes you singing is in the ballpark -- close-ish to the notes you intend to sing -- you should be fine.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac