All Night (collab with KennyMac)

Started by Ray Brookes, April 29, 2021, 01:55:14 PM

Ray Brookes

All Night
Time:
0:00
Volume:
I sent this backer over to Kenny and he came up with a great vocal track, lyrics and a stellar rock guitar solo. Many thanks, Kenny; great job.

Right back
Moving to the sound of the track
Beating like a pulse as we sway 
A feeling that just wont go away 
Floating in the air all around
Mesmerised you're lost in the sound
Got to take it easy
Take it  low in the groove
Take it slow, we've  got to pace ourselves
Keep this rhythm going all night .
Keep this rhythm going all night

Attack, every sense you have in your head
Pour that notes as quick as its read
Move yourself right in his place
Float your feelings  in outer space
Just stay cool this isn't a race
Got to set the pace
Keep it low,  in the groove
Take it slow, we've got to pace ourselves
this rhythm going all night .

Go low in the groove
Take your time.
Go low in the groove
Take it slow
We've got to pace ourselves
Ray Brookes

Kenneth

Love that dudes!
Versatile Kenny with a great Ray backer... pure class.
"...a guitar sound that you could curdle cream with." Ferryman

StephenM

killer fellas...that infectious bass groove... and all the rest....the keyboards....drums...it's like a Scot invaded Little River Band....and it's great.... smokin....the lead is great too....manolive....

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

WarpCanada

Boppin about listening to this in my studio, on my nice monitors. You guys did a great one here.  I hear a little Bowie, don't I?
Warren
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Cubase

recorder
Bitwig Studio

British Columbia Canada

Redler

Wow! I like groove of this. Excellent singing and playing, got almost live vibe. Bravo guys!
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Greeny

Tasty! Bluesy Steely Dan funk with a quirky Talking Heads / Bowie edge to it. It all sounds so organic and natural - pure class. So many 'wow' elements. That slappy bass - bloody hell! The piano vamping in the middle - stunning! Kenny's solo - amazing! The production is outstanding too. Blown away.

Groundy

Wow guys this is fantastic, So-Pro. Great music and brilliant vox.
Take a bow guys

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs

Ferryman

An incredibly sharp and funky backer Ray, I love the bass - is that you playing a real bass? If so, I'm mightily impressed. I'm not a fan of slap bass but if it's done tastefully it can really work well and I think that's what you did here, a great combination of a funky sound with some lovely pull offs and pops. The keyboards are great and really give it a bit of a Steely Dan vibe. And that keyboard run at 2:27: WOW!!! Very cool playing  8)

Kenny does a superb job with the vox and that really is a lovely guitar solo, the smooth distortion and playing fits the track like a glove. Great stuff guys, a stellar collab!

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

maxit

LoL this could be, music and words, considered as the official definition of GROOVE
recorder
Audacity

DarrenG / The Devil's Toupee

What a collaboration. I love it guys. Ray that backer track sounds amazing, you're so good at playing everything lol. Smoking lead solo and vocals from kenny. Great lyrics too. The song starts off kind of jazzy then has elements of pop and rock too. Fantastic. And I love that bass line .
Darren
I have 2 profiles on this site, (NOW COMBINED INTO ONE PROFILE PAGE)
 One is a musical partnership with Keith Allen, ( we record songs as "The Devil's Toupee").
The 2nd one is for my other musical projects and collaborations. (DarrenG)
Thanks for listening.