Which recorder(s) do you currently use?

Started by 64Guitars, June 03, 2009, 02:00:09 PM

Geiri

Well you haven't pointed to anything I would call a down point in my situation.

All my final arrangement will ultimately be done in a DAW. The br drums will for the most part only be used to keep me in time, mind you tho I haven't used and who knows maby I'll like them. The size is a big factor for me, I actually find the br-80 a bit to small and light weight.

I've been thinking about how I can have the best of both worlds and considering the i/o of the 800 I think that the 800 and a computer should do the trick for me.

The way I use the 80 right now is just as an audio interface for my computer. And due to the small screen and scrolling through multiple menus I find it easier to use the DAW for recording.

recorder
Boss BR-80

suburban behemoth

Up until earlier this year, I've been using Tascam Dp-004. Recently I picked up a Boss BR-864 and can't wait to dig in. Been messing around with the COSM effects mostly.
recorder
Boss BR-864

Tootler

Just changed my vote as I've added a Tascam DP-006 to my BR-800.

recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Tascam DP-006
recorder
Audacity

Oldrottenhead

i can't believe my microbr is still going strong (touch wood) i wonder if we should start a fresh poll to see who still has one, saying that the list will need to be lengthened for all hook's purchases. 
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Tangled Wires

I actually have 3 BR's!

My original Micro BR broke after I dropped it and smash the display screen, and since then I have purchased two more.

I have never thrown away my original BR, despite the fact that it doesn't work, and never will....far too much sentimental value attached to it.

Am currently considering the BR800, but will always keep my magic little shiny box(es)

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Greeny

My original MBR. Still going strong, with the same memory card and slip case it came with. The finish is a bit worn in places, but other than that it's all good.

Oldrottenhead

that looks brand new compared to mine. mine looks like a used bar of soap. i must take a pic of it.

update. took a pic.

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Greeny

Redler

Quote from: Tangled Wires on May 02, 2014, 06:13:31 AMMy original Micro BR broke after I dropped it and smash the display screen, and since then I have purchased two more.

Were they new or second hand recorders? Currently, I have two MBRs and Päivi uses the newer.

I dropped the original, too and since then there has been bad connection on the left channel of phones socket. I'm looking for a  "new" secondhand MBR, because it may be hard to find a new one, anymore.
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

64Guitars

Quote from: Tangled Wires on May 02, 2014, 06:13:31 AMMy original Micro BR broke after I dropped it and smash the display screen, and since then I have purchased two more.

I have never thrown away my original BR, despite the fact that it doesn't work, and never will....far too much sentimental value attached to it.

And a great source of spare parts, such as the headphone jack.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website